VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
I bought it off of ebay for £30.

As my roof is made of GRP I used a Marine Grade gland for the cable entry, it accessed directly into the headliner where my switch controls are which is a result

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
UPDATE

Well today's work consisted of more wiring. I put in the supply for the Underfloor Heating, AC sockets and USB sockets and external hook up.
Also managed to finish my audio wiring in the back and tested it today and I must say WOW!! Once my side panels are back in I shall order 4 more Alpine speakers, 2 more for the rear and 2 for the front pod, this things going to be bouncing haha.
Also done a little more to the alarm install.
Tomorrow is 110% time to attack the floor and I can't wait.
Some pics below, not much but you might see some difference...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Yes mate underfloor heating. If I lay it on the silver foiled lining inside the slinding door away from the bed and cupboards it should transfer the heat across the rest of the van without interfering or getting in the way of fixings through the floor.
Not posh at all just utilising ideas I've picked up from the Super Yachts I build hahaha.

8" subs HOLY **** that's insane fella

This turned up this morning so I can fit my own sliding window and rear vented window ASAP...

Not bad for £12.50

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
I know you've mounted the light bar now, but I was going to suggest mounting it on brackets so you could have it facing forward, or move it above the sliding door for when you're camping etc. Not sure how easy that would be to do with regards wiring, just a thought.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I know you've mounted the light bar now, but I was going to suggest mounting it on brackets so you could have it facing forward, or move it above the sliding door for when you're camping etc. Not sure how easy that would be to do with regards wiring, just a thought.
It's a bloody bright light bar fella, 1248w 193,440 lumens so bloody bright hahaha.
Having thought about it in depth above the sliding door I will be mounting my retractable black Fiamma awning so the light couldn't of gone there anyway.

UPDATE

Today was mainly messing with more wiring, resolving little electrical gremlins, I now have a purple downlight like you find in modern cars, not too bright but will give a little light to the cab.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
It's a bloody bright light bar fella, 1248w 193,440 lumens so bloody bright hahaha.
Having thought about it in depth above the sliding door I will be mounting my retractable black Fiamma awning so the light couldn't of gone there anyway.

UPDATE

Today was mainly messing with more wiring, resolving little electrical gremlins, I now have a purple downlight like you find in modern cars, not too bright but will give a little light to the cab.
Ah gotcha, well if you did have on the side while bbq-ing, you'd get a nice tan 😂 I'm looking to fit a canopy to mine, one that clips onto the rail and has to tent pole legs. That way I can sit outside and enjoy the summer weather...on my drive. ☹

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Ah gotcha, well if you did have on the side while bbq-ing, you'd get a nice tan 😂 I'm looking to fit a canopy to mine, one that clips onto the rail and has to tent pole legs. That way I can sit outside and enjoy the summer weather...on my drive. ☹
Only until this Pandemic is over tho hahaha.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
UPDATE

Just finished painting the floor ready for me to start the plying and sorting my floor out.
Before

After

Now ive started on getting the cab to the way I want it, just ordered another pair of Alpine 13cm speakers for my centre pod and cleaned my sun visors.
Ordered myself some Forever Black Dashboard Dye so my door cards and dashboard will be black instead of grey soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Just packed up for the day but still made some progress even tho I can't get in the van because of the paint.

I decided to work on my new LED upgrade. Before the bus used to have the old style blue rope light over each window and in the headlining. Now I ripped out all of the blue as it was old and dated I've decided to go more modern and add LED strip light instead.
Above the wi dows I am going for a purple and in the headlining ice white, this will in turn bring the van a little more up to date and lose that horrid dull blue glow it used to have. Blue in a purple van GOD NO!!

Then I thought I w OK uld have a go at my feature panel that sits in the middle of my headlining, before it was to promote Pegabus but seeing as this isn't the case anymore I decided to take it apart and the same as above change the old blue leds for a new modern purple led tape light.

Look at the cool signature of the fabricator of the panel originally, so cool

Once stripped it was in with the new

Now I just need another piece of perspex but with my own design on it now, something to do with VW and surfing I reckon 😉

Hope you like the progress

61 - 77 of 77 Posts