VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
I have 57 plate T5 with the double din stereo. Sound is rubbish, so I am about to fit new speakers to the front doors to start. Can anyone suggest some good front door speakers please ?
Also, the radio reception is rubbish, so I have recently pulled out the stereo to see if any antenna aerial cables may be loose, but to be honest I dont even know which wire is for the antenna. Can anyone suggest a way of improving the radio signal please ? If it means fitting a new aerial, could someone give me a few tips on which one to buy and how to go about it please. A friend suggested a shark fin?? Anyone fitted this type ?
I have to get better sound in the van, as at the moment it just isnt good enough. I would love to get a bit of help from you guys if possible . Thank you .

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Have a listen at Halfrauds. If you decide to buy there check their website. They often have a web price and a higher store price. If they are in stock you can reserve in store, if applicable, at the web price. Just enter your mobile number and they'll reserve it and text you back with a number.
Halfrauds are good for a listen and feel but do then check Argos, Amazon etc.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Hi ,
I have 57 plate T5 with the double din stereo. Sound is rubbish, so I am about to fit new speakers to the front doors to start. Can anyone suggest some good front door speakers please ?
Also, the radio reception is rubbish, so I have recently pulled out the stereo to see if any antenna aerial cables may be loose, but to be honest I dont even know which wire is for the antenna. Can anyone suggest a way of improving the radio signal please ? If it means fitting a new aerial, could someone give me a few tips on which one to buy and how to go about it please. A friend suggested a shark fin?? Anyone fitted this type ?
I have to get better sound in the van, as at the moment it just isnt good enough. I would love to get a bit of help from you guys if possible . Thank you .
I have a pair of "Shallow" Mount Infinity Reference 6532si speakers which I'm going to use, with Golf adaptors so hopefully no need for any spacers etc.

Also they have a nice clever directional tweeter that helps point the high frequencies in the right direction, ideal I thought for getting the sound stage up and out of their location down in the foot well. Got them from Halfords on a special promotion price online.

Course haven't got around to fitting them yet as they are on my huge "To Do" list I:

In regard to antennas I would recommend a whip quarter/or 5 eights wave length type antenna over a shark fine any day of the week, I could go into the technicalities of why etc but it's all to do with radio wave propagation and ground planes, blah blah...

I have got hold of one of these http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/Kinetic_DRA-1001_FM-AM_DAB_car_aerial.html, which again is on my "To Do" list for when I take the head lining down to re-cover that (or replace it). Obviously it would be a good idea to put in a DAB compatible antenna for future proofing.

I am using a shark fin for GPS, GSM and Wifi though, so they do have their uses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Thanks for the help.
I am a little disappointed that the shark fin is not in your recommendations, as I think it looks a little more pleasing to the eye. Where would you suggest that I mount this type of aerial then ?
How much were the infinity speakers and what output were they if you dont mind me asking ?
I am tempted to just go the full hog and buy a new dab double din head unit and have done with it. I dont want to spend crazy money, so could anyone recommend something with a good output and not too many flash toys ?
Too many decisions !!!!
All I want is some reasonable sound with a good radio signal really, but as always I am looking at now doing so much more than what I set out to do.....with not enough money !!:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts