VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finaly pulled my finger out and started the Team Red van......

we,re gutted to sell the white one and i has taken a while to get into sorting the red rat out....

but its started.....slowly! cheers dad for the help so far...A:

How we bought it after selling our white one at van fest.....

Rear windows and tail gate tinted by Newport auto tint......very good and quick job!A:

Stripping out and hoovering.....we blamed him for killing the dyson...I:

Because im skint i went for the much cheap styrnene instead of kingspan...

Then covered it with themal bubble foil stuff........

Then boards which i bought off ebay...cost a lot but they fit, which wouldnt of happened if id tried to make then myself.....

made new floor, think its 12mm exterior ply...

Floor in!!! if u know me you'll know how amazed i am that it fitted...lol

see on here someone useing carpet underlay to insulate roof so got some free off a mate...gonna cover with some thermal bubble stuff...

cheap labour!

Couldnt decide where to put the rear seats. Wanted them like this with a table between but seemed to be to much chasis etc under the passenger side.......???

so after pulling the floor back out and cutting out chanels for the floor rails....

Put them in as everyone else does......

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
cheers guys for the comments, heres abit more...............

cut out speaker holes for the rear door panel, insulated and carpeted it.....

then this week i started the rest of the carpeting.....im no expert but it aint as hard as you think it is (really!) just take your time.....dont get me wrong mine aint show standard but im chuffed to far...except the wheel arches, loads of language coming from the van doing them! ( gonna box them inI:)

Stripped out front to clean up the rubber floor and run some more speaker wires.....

firstly covered the b-posts which makes loads of difference to the look....

then side door , rear panel and part of the back......its tricky but if u take ur time its fine...

Going to try and carpet the drivers side over the weekend but will need an extra pair of hand as its a big peice of carpet.....

still can decide wether to put carpet on the floor as in our last van or vinyl...????

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Where you carpeted your rear panel,(sliding doorside) is it one piece of carpet?
Cut my ply panel same,(short of seatbelt)and was wondering wether carpet piller
then ply and lay over,or do in one piece I:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Like it, basic and airey I:
What about a bed/storage!
Not sure yet. Had a cannon forge rock and roll in the first one which was ace but cant afford one at mo......

because its got the two removable seats in the back so we can take them out when we get to where we're going, we might put somekind of L-shape seating in the back with storage underneath, which will then turn into a bed.......i aways end up in the awning anyway, wife and kids always hog the van....

i want to put a cooker / sink in somekind of draw that slides out from the back under the tailgate....seen a few on here....

and ive got some roof bars for the boards so they'll be out of the way....

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where you carpeted your rear panel,(sliding doorside) is it one piece of carpet?
Cut my ply panel same,(short of seatbelt)and was wondering wether carpet piller
then ply and lay over,or do in one piece I:
Its all one peice mate, put a small square of ply over the large hole where the seatbelt reel would go........

i think it looks better with no joins.......

fun doing the angles around the rear light opening.....

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Im on van 3 and still on a tight budget like ya self :D Looks really good fella T: i figure its not about how much you spend its how much work you do finding cheaper options, plus your doing it all yourself which counts for allot. Keep it up :ILU:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Any advise on a Home Alloy wheel referb?????? got quoted £35 per wheel so gonna have a go myself....but not sure how!

want them to be finished black.....
get some wet and dry on them, remove all the scratches/marks and get em flatted off. then just prime/paint/laquer dead easy.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts