VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good evening i was just woundering if anyone could give me some addvice my son was filling up my van and put about £2.30 of petrol in it but he then put £20 straight in about 2 weeks ago and last night it started sounding like a load of tapping and then it lost power and cut out it turns over but sounds like a couple of spoons being hit together is this due to the petrol or something else if what could it be please please someone say they can help as i love my van and got big plane's for it many thanks

·
Registered
403 Posts
i would have some some fairly large plans for my son if he had done that to my van :). it depends on how much diesel was in when the petrol was was put in iwould think that a ratio of 10 percent wouldn't do much harm . i would buy some millers fuel additive and put that in some neat diesel .

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
That sort of amount wouldn't make any difference, my fella put £15 petrol in our diesel car (by accident DOH) and then topped it up with diesel and it has been ok.. Not sure wether it's worse if diesel gets put in a petrol car or is it not possible due to different nozzle sizes :*:D

Tra

·
Registered
378 Posts
just keep filling it with diesel fella or drain the tank. should be ok. T:T:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your quick response the van wont start at all so dont sound like the petrol side then could anyone throw any light on what else this could be

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
If it started sounding like spoons clacking together when you crank it over but isn't firing, it could be something serious. STOP cranking it over and get someone to check it. Worse case you may have had the cam belt skip a tooth (for whatever reason) and your pistons might be kissing the valves, hopefully not but worth getting checked.
good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts