VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 539 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, i present my VW T4 1.8 20v Turbo.
As you can see from the pics she not quite finished!! I:
the hardest part is done, engine in and mounts welded up.
It has been in before but with a 6 speed box that was with the engine, it wasn't good at all, not quite enough space and didnt let the engine to sit at corrert angle!!
Well that it for the moment, here is a few pics to start with!!

And here is a pic of the caliper i gonna be using!!

So wot you thinking people??

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Very nice & very impressive T:

When she's done.....get yaself along to Cornwall meet.....would be gr8 to see you and ya ride :cool:

Keep us posted

Cheers

Chris :ILU:

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Wondered how the O2M box was going to fit and work in a T4I:
Are the pics of when it was at the Phirm? I see a red Rallye in one of the pics.
Still lots to do if its up to the stage the pics are at,where's the radiator and intercooler going to fit?

Are you bringing it to the cornwall jamboree?

Nice paintworkand subtle bodykitT:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice! That is gona be one sick bus, how much bhp will you be running?
I have been assured that she wont leave until she is 250BHP, the people that are doing it are uber fussy about things!! they dont like the engine bay so they gonna paint it! Plus loads of other things!! :ILU:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wondered how the O2M box was going to fit and work in a T4I:
Are the pics of when it was at the Phirm? I see a red Rallye in one of the pics.
Still lots to do if its up to the stage the pics are at,where's the radiator and intercooler going to fit?

Are you bringing it to the cornwall jamboree?

Nice paintworkand subtle bodykitT:

Hey there aggie,

Oh btw i have changed my forum name from 'orangeisbest' to 'tonic' well 'tonic coz' gonna have to address the 'coz' bit!!

Good guess that man, yes it is The Phirm, yes that is Tim's spanking Rallye!! They in a shiney new place now!! you been to there old place?? or new place??
Sitting in his workshop at the moment are some v nice cars, didnt wanna take pics as they unfinished projects!! There was 7 vehicles in there, easily in excess of 2000BHP on the shopfloor!!

Unfortuanately my van still there!! it very much trial and error, had the 6 speed box in but it turned out it couldnt really flex around to much!! plus had to have a special double jointed driveshaft that was silly money!! Just see how this box goes!!
I trust the guys there loads, they built some of the best VWs in the county so i know it gonna be good!! T:A::cool:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Morris versus Tonic

This forum demands the answers!

Count me in for that shootout T:

:*bloody hell that things goona shift no competition the Phirm vs scrapheap challenge......LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL: like to see it when its done thoughT:T:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hopefully morriss it will shift!!
Ya never know i might just sit in a cloud of smoke gonig nowhere!!
The Phirm do build some awe inspiring cars, but they say my van is the one that causes the biggest reaction, when i was there yesterday a few people came in n asked whats happening to it, the mad thing is between them n the van sits a golf r32 that has the passat r36 engine in it with a supercharger bolted on for good measure n kicks out around 500BHP!! plus it not hard to miss!!
That wot i love with the van, just coz its a van with lairy paint n bodykit people are well intersted!! tis gr8!!
Howz your project going anyhow???
Will have to have a meet when we both up n running fully!! T:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
That is one nice van you've got going on there Tonic! One to be proud of for sure. There will be a few astonished expressions when you hit the loud pedal.

Just out of curiosity are you still going to be able to fit a belly tray of some sort, only reason for asking is that oil filter looks looooow! Can't wait to see pics of the finished van, fingers crossed it won't be too much of a wait for you. Nice one for splashing the cash fella!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is one nice van you've got going on there Tonic! One to be proud of for sure. There will be a few astonished expressions when you hit the loud pedal.

Just out of curiosity are you still going to be able to fit a belly tray of some sort, only reason for asking is that oil filter looks looooow! Can't wait to see pics of the finished van, fingers crossed it won't be too much of a wait for you. Nice one for splashing the cash fella!
yeap!! might have to fit a stumpy filter tho!! just change it more often so not a problem!!
Am hacking the belly tray a bit for the intercooler, just a bit from the front for a little more space!! T:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its the AUQ from skoda vRS so it running 180 standard!! :D
it gonna be far from standard eventually tho! T:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Wow your gonna have fun upsetting a few peeps at the traffic lights and on the motorway aren't you H:. I'd love a sleeper plumbers van with 2.5 turbo ur quattro engine but I'll have to win the lottery first:(

·
Registered
37 Posts
its the AUQ from skoda vRS so it running 180 standard!! :D
it gonna be far from standard eventually tho! T:
nice

own a 1.8T golf myself and know the engines very well so if you need hand or got any Q'sT:
what turbo you going for then to get you to ur magic 250, hybrid?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I was woundering when some clever sod was going to have a crack at a 20v turbo lump T:T:T:
Hat off to you fella keep us posted:ILU:

1 - 20 of 539 Posts