VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
have decided to make a replica of my trusty t4 caravelle....

bought this offa ebay for a few quid

Image0036 by mudyf0x, on Flickr

its a cararama 1.43 scale with opening rear door

Image0045 by mudyf0x, on Flickr

had to remove roof bar and bumper overrider on talegate

Image0047 by mudyf0x, on Flickr

easy to strip just one screw on underside

Image0046 by mudyf0x, on Flickr

Image0062 by mudyf0x, on Flickr

Image0061 by mudyf0x, on Flickr

filled holes in tailgate and roof with chemical metal

Image0052 by mudyf0x, on Flickr

ruff up paint work with wet n dry and smooth off filled holes

Image0056 by mudyf0x, on Flickr

3 coats of halfords ford green paint later ( didnt have vw green that was close )

Image0065 by mudyf0x, on Flickr

started re-assembly as it dried

had heater on high setting to dry between coats

Image0063 by mudyf0x, on Flickr

nearly finished just needs finishing details like blackened wing mirrors and door handles etc

Image0066 by mudyf0x, on Flickr

very pleased the was it turned out and it passed a very boring day in work :)

P1020124 by mudyf0x, on Flickr

hope this inspires others to do the same T:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Brilliant, I have been looking for a good base model for some time, but would like one a bit bigger!
They are like hens teeth!
Would scratch build one if I had time, but all the spare time goes into the real one.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brilliant, I have been looking for a good base model for some time, but would like one a bit bigger!
They are like hens teeth!
Would scratch build one if I had time, but all the spare time goes into the real one.

ive seen white metal ones before which comes as a kit but cant remember where,

there is also one the same size with opening doors and bonnet from a company called Schabak.... but very very rare

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Brilliant, love itT: I bought two for my boys at the Classic Rock and Car weekend Silverstone in the summer. Cheap as chips.

Couldn't find a T5 versionI:

..Just noticed at 1000 posts, I'm lord of the T4's, that's v funny seeing as I don't have a real one:)

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all for your comments, id love to make a bigger scale one but looks like the t4 has been over looked again ....

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
have you got the ebay link to try and find one ourselves thanx the model looks great

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Have some 600 plus diecast models in my collection and have done a few Code 3 models, as per this thread.

Nice job my man.

One tip for anyone wishing to spray up a model, is to heat the model up before spray painting.

Strip the paint off, gently wet & dry off. When dry, pop into a pre-heated oven. Make the metal of the model warm to the touch, then spray away. Paint "sticks" better and gives a better gloss finish.

Better this way around, cos if you heat After you've sprayed, as you would for a real motor, it doesn't always work out, plus you do get a pong in the oven I:I:I:

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=89151

·
Registered
765 Posts
I asked a model guy at vanfest & he said if I had a quid for everyone who has asked me for one of those... Why dont they bloody make some, surley they can see a hole in the market!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts