VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to this forum. I have recently purchased a 1993 Tornado Red Eurovan GL. I am from America and this van is one rare VW here. They only sold in 1993 and were pulled from the lineup. The cost started at 20,500 U.S.D. That was a ton of money back then. They came back in 1999 but with the long nose. It's easy to tell a 1993 here just by the short nose. Some people may have '1995' Campers but the van is still 1993. Did you guys know that VW only sold 49,533 cars ALL MODELS in 1993 in the U.S.? My guess is only about 8,000 of these vans were sold here that year (Maybe less), Most of them are long gone to the junkyard, so it's quite rare to see one. I have been a VW guy here for a long time, I work part time for oldbug.com and have always liked air AND water cooled VW's. I enjoy educating my air cooled friends about how rare my T4 actually is. Most of them think it's just another 'minivan' but it's far from it. Most of the water cooled cars in the U.S. are made in Mexico, so actually driving a German built VW brick on wheels is a blast for me! I hope to learn a lot from you guys, I only wish all of the parts you guys can get for them were available here without murderous shipping. Cheers! Kris

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Greetings from the uk :ILU:

I know all about expensive shipping prices ! had a few american muscle cars, my Amc javelin cost me a fortune to track down and buy the parts i needed !

Would love to see some pictures of ya van T:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. So there are the pictures of it. Rust free, never wrecked, 152K miles. I paid 2800 U.S.D. out the door for this, I know it's worth more to the right person but I'm keeping it! I will enter it at the VW Classic in June, we will see what happens.......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks man! My goal right away was to throw on Euro plates to make it look directly imported. It is already fooling people.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in the US also have a 1993 Euro MV, Getting ready to order some bumpers from UK. Mine is red also. Its striped and at the body shop for at least a year no rust just complete paint....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts