VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
What size tyres you got on those wheels? I may be putting the steels back on my van as am fed up of all the bumps on my 18s always sounding like the van is going to explode! Like the look of yours!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i agree with the spacers.should put 20/25mm on the back really.Do you think it would foul arch? arches not been rolled.
i do like banded steels. but its money as usual. i got these wheels and there pretty straight so sticking with them. 17/18 alloys no way for me.bump bump bump.then it ruins your day when you hit a nasty pot hole or you kerb em. have run 215/60/16 on steels, these are 205/55/16 (continental so sticking with these for now)T:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice
T:
what did you use where the fogs normally go ?
I just bought some cheap fogs off ebay, Took bumper off and lay it down flat.easier to work with.then cut 2 rectangles of plastic out where fog recess are in bumper. made some brackets to hold lamps in place then secured and sealed with a good quality seem sealer. re fit bumper,then wire up
no probs

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice matey, where did you get those sidebars?....

:cool:
Cheers mate,Had a few people ask me.got em from a company called auto sparks bout 18months ago. have since searched,i dont think they still do them. there big 76mm stainless awesome quality. best i cld find.and still look mint.only polished once in that time. someone else must do similar out there:ILU:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Cheers mate,Had a few people ask me.got em from a company called auto sparks bout 18months ago. have since searched,i dont think they still do them. there big 76mm stainless awesome quality. best i cld find.and still look mint.only polished once in that time. someone else must do similar out there:ILU:
No worries, ill hunt some down :cool:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yeah i agree with the spacers.should put 20/25mm on the back really.Do you think it would foul arch? arches not been rolled.
i do like banded steels. but its money as usual. i got these wheels and there pretty straight so sticking with them. 17/18 alloys no way for me.bump bump bump.then it ruins your day when you hit a nasty pot hole or you kerb em. have run 215/60/16 on steels, these are 205/55/16 (continental so sticking with these for now)T:
I think that 20mm spacer would fine may even get away with 25. Colese on here would probably be the best person to speak to, i think he sells some good quality hubcentric's. T:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think that 20mm spacer would fine may even get away with 25. Colese on here would probably be the best person to speak to, i think he sells some good quality hubcentric's. T:
Yeah i'll look into that,nice one for commentsT:

·
Registered
799 Posts
nice mate! i was wondering what my steelies would look like painted black for winter wheels. are they vitos?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers mate,i cant remember what i got em off.had em ages i just flat em down and hand painted em with a brush matt black!!. seriously - come out well cos people think i sprayed em. def not merc rims. they were either a passat or A4. the et is quite high on em so gonna space out the rears, sit even better then.drives really nice, prefer em to all my fancy alloys:ILU:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts