VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my conversion thread

this is how my van started out a bit unloved but not in bad shape

after a closer inspection under the bonnet i noticed a few things amiss there was no dipstick :* (how i dident see that before i dont know) and various other things i wasent happy with so after some research on this forum i decided to tdi convert and start a fresh

after the engine was done i gave it a tidy up fitted the badgeless grill and side repeaters sprayed up the front arches and fitted some cheap alloys ready for its first trip to rtts

the van stayed that way for a few months until i decided to start to do my conversion i wont bore you with endless pics of insulation but just a few to show my progress

then i had to do something i was very aprehensive about but once i had done it it was work it i cut a huge hole in the middle of my roof to fit my 106 sunroof anyone thinking of doing this but is worried dont be it couldent be easier

i decided to use hardboard for the wall panels as it was cheaper and i dont think its worked to badly i got anthracite mega strech from mvm i forgot to take pics of the carpeting only the finished product

i then tiled my floor with tiles from b&q they work ok they are self adhesive but i used extra sealer to make shure the edges dident lift it worked ok but at some point i may change it

i got some kitchen wall units from a local focus when it was shutting down 90% off what a bargain they were basicly £10 each the doors arent exactly what i wanted but i can change them at a later date

i then built a box at the front of the van to house the leisure battery and all the electrics for the lights ect with a 12v socket and carpeted it thats about as far as i have got so far i will be building the bed and wardrobe at a later date

all comments greatly apreciated

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the comments im realy pleased with how the bulkhead turned out the mega stretch carpet realy is good stuff

made a lid for the battery box earlier will post some pics soon what do you guys use for door catches on the cupboards as im currently struggling to find a way to secure the doors whilst travelling i got some roller catches from toolstation but they arent man enuff for the job any ideas ?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a few pics of the box finished started doing the wiring for my lesure battery but im waiting for my voltage regulators in the mean time ive got myself a new bonnet so that will be the job for tommorow
its still in primer but its black good enuff for now till i get round to deciding on what color im doing it going to do the roof and A pillars the same colour was thinking black but its a bit common

·
Registered
179 Posts
looking good mate where did you get the mega stretch carpet from? also im going for the same pattern flooring any reason you went for tiles instead on off the role?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looking good mate where did you get the mega stretch carpet from? also im going for the same pattern flooring any reason you went for tiles instead on off the role?
the mega stretch came from mega van mats they do a forum discount now to £110 for more than enuff to do the whole van its good stuff and top service to

i chose the tiles simply for cost i got all the tiles from the local hombase cost me £37 had plenty left over if any need replacing i found off the roll a bit expensive but its probably easier to use

·
Registered
179 Posts
cheers for the info i found the same company on ebay for the mega stretch your floor looks really good ive found someone local to me who does it off the roll £25 for something like a 3mx2m cut which i didnt think was to bad just not got round to taking measurements as of yet but i do like your idea like you say if any get damaged its easy to just replace a square

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im not shure what would be best realy the tiles are self adhesive but they dont stick that well so i used extra adhesive sealer to make shure the corners stayed down

£25 sounds good to me when i looked on the net the cheapest i could find was £60 for what i needed also if you get tiles try and make shure the batch numbers match as much as possible as some of mine were different and the squares dont quite line up the same luckily its not that noticable

·
Registered
574 Posts
Looking good T:

If it was mine I'd leave it black, you might want to rattle can it though before it starts to rust, unless that's the look you're after I:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im guna leave it black just gota find one i like as i want do do the roof and a pillars to match at some point,the whole van needs dents and chips repaired before a full respray was going to change the color but i kinda like the green so will probably just give it a fresh coat of that instead with the black bits :ILU:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts