VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys and gals ,just thought id pop in and show a few pics of my latest conversion... a t5 bluebird tucana lol
this is hell of a bus and twice the size of a t5 with plenty of headroom T:

nice quick turnaround of 4 weeks on this one... the longest past was getting the bstard floor runners out :eek:

it was totally gutted and converted with all brand new stuff into a good sized motorhome / camper including..
white gloss units with white gloss splashbacks,
white gloss doors with chrome push button openers,
pop up plug socket on worktop with usb,
smev 9222 cooker and sink,
waeco crx 80 fridge (nearly twice the size of the cr50),
black sparkle altro flooring
fixed white leather double ottoman bed with memory foam mattress that lifts up sideways for loads of extra storage underneath.
seating in rear has been re-trimmed in black diamond stitch leather with black and white leather diamond stitch cushions and can be used as 2 small single beds for kids... or turned sideways to make a king size double bed,
all interior panels carpeted with megavanmats carpet,
drivers seat recovered in black and blue leather,
reversing camera with 7" screen,
all windows professionally tinted limo black,
white blackout blinds,
24 " 12v tv with dvd and freeview
necvox digital aerial,
240 volt hook up,
115 amp leisure battery with split charge,
3 x chrome double plug sockets with usb,
3 x 12v usb charger sockets,
6 switch control panel with digital battery gauge,
4 x led lights with on/off switch,
colour changing led lights in roof panel,
and prob more that i cant remember lol

few before and after pics...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well done you, about time we saw something different on here. Time to change the steering wheel T:
When does the pop top go on? LOL: Doing a grand job pal !!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers dude, i like to be different lol
yeah the steering wheel is fcuked so i prob end up getting a cover for ready to sell it T:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there

We're thinking of buying a VW Bluebird Auriga (on our way to look at one now actually!) and we found your post when we searched for a Bluebird camper conversion. We're thinking of converting either a Sprinter, Crafter or a bus, and trying to decide between them all! The Bus is more easily available for us at the same price, so we were wondering if you could shed any light on how the conversion went? The images in your post aren't loading, so we were wondering if you have a blog or Instagram or similar where we could have a look/read about how the conversion went? Or chat if possible? We are worried about stripping out all of the inside and how difficult this would be - we aren't sure what's behind those panels but we want to fully insulate the bus!

Thanks for taking the time to read :)
Jason & Becky (Swansea, South Wales)

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,099 Posts
Hi there

We're thinking of buying a VW Bluebird Auriga (on our way to look at one now actually!) and we found your post when we searched for a Bluebird camper conversion. We're thinking of converting either a Sprinter, Crafter or a bus, and trying to decide between them all! The Bus is more easily available for us at the same price, so we were wondering if you could shed any light on how the conversion went? The images in your post aren't loading, so we were wondering if you have a blog or Instagram or similar where we could have a look/read about how the conversion went? Or chat if possible? We are worried about stripping out all of the inside and how difficult this would be - we aren't sure what's behind those panels but we want to fully insulate the bus!

Thanks for taking the time to read :)
Jason & Becky (Swansea, South Wales)
Hopefully the original poster will reply, but in the meantime, drop this into a Browser and you will see some of the missing photos, albeit not as fine a resolution:
https://www.google.com/search?q="my+t5+bluebird+tucana+conversion"&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj9kePSzNfZAhXSe8AKHa9vDP8Q_AUICygC&biw=1341&bih=838

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I know this is an older post , I am looking at buying one of these to convert , just wondering if you knew the final weight of this once converted? Do you reckon it was still under the 3.5T mark?
Also interested to know what price you sold it for ??
Kind regards
Kel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts