VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice van and nice work fella.

Is that rockwool you're using? Bit of a moisture trap if it is. May want to try something that doesn't hold water

Mark

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice van and nice work fella.

Is that rockwool you're using? Bit of a moisture trap if it is. May want to try something that doesn't hold water

Mark

Thanks mark, yeh its just that fiberglass loft insulation stuff. good point on it getting wet, just stuck it in there as i had it stuck in a corner doing nothing lol! i guess ill have to fit my eberspacher asap to keep it all warm and dry!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Looks very good ,will be keeping an eye on this as i am just about to do mine ,what is the cheapest option for sound proofing and insulating ?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks very good ,will be keeping an eye on this as i am just about to do mine ,what is the cheapest option for sound proofing and insulating ?

Cheers! i guess the cheapest option is what i went for, The rock-wool stuff. ive fitted the silver bubble wrap stuff in customers vans too but not sure how much that would cost. there's another that's comes in boards that are covered in silver foil, think its called Coltex or something like that but im not sure how you'd cram it in all the nooks and crannies of your van.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Got that stuff in the garage ,way to thick to put in the van ,just worried about Rockwool getting wet as i will be taking a trail bike in it sometimes so will be mopped out now and again

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got that stuff in the garage ,way to thick to put in the van ,just worried about Rockwool getting wet as i will be taking a trail bike in it sometimes so will be mopped out now and again
I know what u mean, i was thinking the rock-wool would be ok for me. maybe the silver bubble wrap stuff would be better for you. ive just Googled it and its called "Foil Faced Bubble Wrap"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts