VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
Looking good. What are your plans for it?
How does it tow?
Any chance of some more pictures:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking good. What are your plans for it?
How does it tow?
Any chance of some more pictures:D
Hi we are planning on panoramic roof, full width rock n roll bed, pod, shower, toilet, TV and may be more dependant on time, space etc

It tows perfect...you wouldn't even know you had it on the back:)

Here are some build pics still adding them at present. Have 72 pics of it.

Some of you may have seen it at Vanfest 2011

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/album.php?albumid=13019

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Really impressed with that, I thought it would look.... worse. I wonder what the nose weight is, though.

Does the tailgate open over the hitch? Have you left the bulkhead in and how much room is there between that and the tailgate.

more pics needed!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really impressed with that, I thought it would look.... worse. I wonder what the nose weight is, though.

Does the tailgate open over the hitch? Have you left the bulkhead in and how much room is there between that and the tailgate.

more pics needed!
Hi I don't know the weight but it is probably the weight of the tailgate plus a little more. Tows absolutely perfect.

Yes the tailgate opens and the lights that end work too as side lights.

No bulkhead

A lot of grafting and swearing and patience. Over 700 hours of fabricating and welding:D

I am not going to divulge too much yet as it is still work in progress as such.
Wanted it to be different with the double ended entrance. Too easy to just weld one end up

More pics to follow computer decided to go crazy last night

Was asked at Sandown 2011 by one of the top bosses of Volkswagen UK whether it was built by Volkswagen lol LOL:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Like it, alot but my only negative is the swage line not meeting the rear(front) lights properly, other than that top job.

Andy

·
Registered
496 Posts
that is a very cool trailer bud nice to see one that has bin built right and looks amazing :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts