VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after doing a lot of camping with friends as 1 of them races a Classic Motor bike at Tonfanu we found that we couldn't fit every thing in our Zafira GSi as we always had our dog in the boot, we had 1 of the biggest Roof boxes aswell and we still struggled so the only option was a VW Van.
As my friend who races has a T4 me and the wife thought of buting a T4 but looking at them they were pretty rubbish for the money. So the wife spoke to some contacts at Vw Van centre's and we got our hands on a 57 plate 1 owner T5 for £6400

Having spent a lot of money and time on my Zafira the wife new i wouldn't be happy with the T5 being standard so after owning the Van for 3 days i bought Rear seats, lowering springs, and some 19" X5 wheels.
I set about fitting the springs and wheels the following weekend

As we were to be going on holiday i wanted the T5 to look look half decent on the out side and it needed to be sorted on the inside with carpting so i set about fitting side windows, so a friend who fits screens for a living fitted me some side windows which the wife got through work as she works for Audi cost me £190 in total the windows, tinting and fitting

After that i set about carpeting the rear of the van for my son and dog to travel in comfort.
So i bought some material off Ebay for £50 for 10 meters and got the glue from B+Q, seeing as ive never done any thing like this before i found it fairly easy to do and it took me a whole day to do

That is all ive done for now as ive got alot planned for it soon

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wow, that sounds cheap for such a "new" van. Was there something wrong with it, or perhaps higher mileage? If not, then can you wife have another word with VW Van centres and look one out for me? ;-)

Good effort so far, do the rear seats come out easy then, with just a spanner i guess? Those wheels do suit the T5 so well. :)

Tony

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Van has got 91k on the clock but it's still in warrenty and has got full vw service history the chap had it on his forcourt for £8000 +vat
As for the seats they just clip in and out as i've put genuine vw seat clamps in but i never took any pics of that job as my hands were dirty and it wasn't till i built it all up i realised i should of

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
May I add also its a nice looking motor. Don't take this the wrong way, but having seen the nice job you did of doing out the rear and saying you had not done it before it gives me the kick up the A*** to do mine, now I have wheelchair fittings done.

I have been putting it off, having not done it before either
C U
twentyseven fiftytwo

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Nice looking van.T:
It's nice to see thet there are other members in the area.A:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Having had my van for about 6 months i thought i would change my springs again as the ones i had got for it when i bought it weren't low enough so i thought i'd purchase some of these

They came on Monday afternoon so i set about fitting them straight away so the next morning i took some pics

I also started fitting bigally's front end mod with the grill first and smoothing off the nobles off the bumper ready for the Sportline spoiler

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Bit more of an update starting by rubbing down my bumper and fitting 1 of Bigally's spoilers

I've also fitted a set of rear lights which were a bargain got them delivered from Germany for £37

Now after a few months of gathering parts from Vw thanks to the wife working for the group I've now got a rear Sportline spoiler, rear bumper, and the panels under the rear lights all in primer from Factory and with my front bumper done it's all off now to be painted so hopefully it'll all be colour coded by 2 weeks time

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A chap who I know did them for me but he never had to rub them down as the rear bumper was a new 1 from Vw all ready primmed and so was the rear spoiler and rear panels under the rear lights, and for the front a rubbed it down first as i fitted the spoiler and wanted it right

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Having still not got to grips with reversing space I decided to fit a rear view Camera with a reversing Mirror as i didnt want to change the head unit as a different 1 would be on show plus this was a cheaper option

As i wanted to fit the camera as no 1 would see it i fitted it in to the number plate light plinth

1 - 20 of 132 Posts