VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this 2 months ago, first pics are slightly small as they are from the ebay ad, then some pics of what I've done so far.

Van as bought.

Then Flashing tape, this was followed by 6 layer foil insulation.

Then new wheels and windows, clear indicators,wind deflectors, lowered front (waiting till interior is in before doing back).

Then carpet,floor and units in.

Thats it for now, on holiday for 3 weeks now, so when I get back its doors on units and countless other jobs to do !

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looking good. Amazing the feeling when you can feel it coming together. Keep up the posting man,A:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Bought this 2 months ago, first pics are slightly small as they are from the ebay ad, then some pics of what I've done so far.

PICTURES

Thats it for now, on holiday for 3 weeks now, so when I get back its doors on units and countless other jobs to do !
,,she is looking good buddy love the lights on the passenger stepT:,,Ive just done ours using 2 tiny purple LED"s looks :cool:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couple more things done today, installed my Waeco CR50 fridge, £250 brand new cause it has a small dent in the door, but I struggle to notice it so im well happy with it. The fridge is quite deep so I had to pull the unit forward a bit to fit, ended up pulling unit next to it forward as well as it looks a better. The unit that houses the fridge is the ikea 400mm wide wall unit but the inside dimension is 360mm and the fridge is 380mm, so I had to widen the unit slightly using a couple of strips of 18mmx34mm batten. I'll be getting a 500mm door for this which ill cut a hole in the size of the fridge so everything is hidden and flush.

Also installed my led leisure battery monitor in panel next to sliding door, this was a bargain at £5.99 inc postage from hong kong, installed a push button switch next to it to turn it on and it goes off again when the button is released.

·
Registered
345 Posts
hi there looking great its nice once it starts comming together a

do you have a link for where you got that lcd battery moniter cheers
been looking for somthing like that for ages

cheers chas

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There you go, link below.
A tip if you buy one, it needs a separate supply to power the meter along with the + and - you connect to the leisure battery, but it doesnt like sharing the same earth which there is nothing you can do about and gives a 0 reading. So following advise on here i just bought a 9volt pp3 battery clip from maplins and connected the working supply wires to this with the push button inline with the + from the 9v battery and it works like a charm like this.
Battery should last ages as its not switched on all the time.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-3-Digital...t_ET?hash=item1e561d4a37&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fitted mini push catches in doors today, also smev hob/sink arrived so trial fitted that in the b&Q gloss backsplash im using as the worktop, the units needed a fair bit chopping out of the top to fit but looks good now its all fitted. waiting on silver trim for front edge of backsplash to finish it off.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Busy weekend.... fitted the silver trim to the edges of the splashback and then decided that the ikea pull out bed was not for me so set about building an L shaped seat bed unit...really happy with the shape especially the curved back pieces of foam
Thinking black leather with silver edge piping would match the rest of the interior nicely, used the double ikea mattress foam to make all bed parts, mattress was £60 and still have a bit left after cutting all that I need, used a electric kitchen knife which gave nice clean cuts.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Can I give a friendly word of warning. I do a bit of kitchen fitting, Make sure the B & Q splash back is evenly fixed down. I have had a few problems with it warping when fitted as a splash back.:eek:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Few more little bits done recently, not much though due to the fact that it's been brass monkeys cold for the last month.
Did all the plumbing for the sink (waste under sink, fresh at rear of van), knocked up some curtains from some skull and crossbone fabric I found, and installed switch panel and 240v sockets along with a 19" freeview Tv. Pics below.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The freeview is built into the tv, I tried lots of different antennas and they were all rubbish , I was then told about one on ebay, the guy offers a full refund if not happy so I bit the bullet and it's an amazing aerial, not cheap but works very well, picked up more channels just plonked on my roof than a massive motorhome aerial on a 8ft pole. here is the ebay link :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Portable-Digi...tZUK_ConElec_TVAerials_RL?hash=item1c0fa77d2a

The bed is made by pulling out the hinged front of the seat which makes the support, then I left a lip all around the seating area which I drilled several holes in, the bed panel has wooden dowels fixed to it which sit in these holes to stop it moving around, so bed panel is supported all around the seat area and by the swing out panel, has been tested on several nights with 2 of us and works great and takes me 1 minute and 3 seconds to put into bed mode (yes i'm that sad i timed it). When finished bed panel just stores on top of seat (under the foam) Pics below :

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Installed clear led strips in rear of van £2.30 each from china, there are 2 here. looked a bit naff on their own so mounted them in some of the black plastic A4 file clips to tidy it up a bit.

Also fitted Skull/Crossbones front covers to match curtains.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Left my foam with a local upholsterers last week before I went on holiday, Then had a phone call from a mate who put me in touch with the upholsterer to say she had finished and they looked amazing.
Picked them up today and i'm over the moon with them, Its the only part of the conversion I have not done myself, because i did not want to risk it looking dog rough, I gave her the foam and she did the rest for £250, all covers have zipped backs. It's actually starting to come together now this job is done A:

1 - 20 of 201 Posts