VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
looking ding dang doo mate fantastic job, they all ikea units? i gona do my van in the next month BUT aint got clue bout electrics, do u think i cud fit it all then get someone to do all the electrics AFTER ive fitted it out? or wud it have to be done as fitting out was going ?
excellent job dude ;-)A:T:A:T:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
No probs,
Leisure battery was £70 (numax 110ah from manbatt.co.uk)
Split charge/wiring was about £70
units were £200
worktop (backsplash) was £50 inc edging
Fridge £250 (as had slight dent in door,normally £450)
Hob/sink unit £230
Foam £80
Material and having foam covered £250
Carpet and glue £100
led lights/switches/water pump etc £50

So all that lot adds up to £1350.

To make the seat/bed was free with wood from work, the seat/bed works well in a long wheel base, but dont think you'd have enough length in a short wheel base unless you had a very short bed.

Any other info you need just ask T:
Magic thanks mucka T:

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Very nice conversion..like it and well doneA: looking at using Ikea units in my LWB but slightly different config, could you tell me if they are the FAKTUM units and if so, which ones ie. base or wall and what colour are the doors? T:

·
Registered
165 Posts
that is a great build matey, must be well happy with the results, im starting mine in may when i return, going to be doing it solid for about 2 weeks from boring panel van to nice day van is the plan, got some great ideas off your thread, just cant wait to get started on mine, have loads of bits and pieces waiting at home for me, damn i love internet shopping when im away. if i get half the finish you got ill be well chuffed. have just ordered one of the Battery Led Display's love it

·
Registered
199 Posts
What a great bulld, Has given me lots to think about for when I come to do mine.

As I have a SWB and will be installing a 3/4 r'n'r, those Ikea units would hopefully be perfect for the job and fit right.
I can see they are the Wall units (A double and single) but what are the ones at the end of the worktop please? Are these the Horizontal units? And if so how many?

Thanks very much for the inspiration :ILU:

41 - 60 of 201 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.