VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k I bought this last November, T30 1.9 104, 89k on the clock. My first step had to be rims and lowering as the steels were in a pretty bad way I:

So here is stage 1, lowered 40mm on H&R springs with BMW X5 19" wheels, 285/45 tyres on the rear, 255/50 on the front, as they came from an X5. The rears are spaced out 3mm, as advised by Merseyspeed T:. No rubbing issues with the tyres apart from on full lock in reverse at the front. As the tyres wear they will be replaced with 40 profile items but for now they will be fine, they are all matching Michelins with decent tread.

Big thanks to Merseyspeed for Spigot rings, rear spacers, H&R springs, longer bolts and advice A:

Next stage is a full respray in Audi Ibis white with black roof, Bigally Sportline front end, rear spoiler, middle limo tints, black headlights etc, should be some time in July T:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
O.K this has been wayyy too long, stripped out the rear...

Unbelievable how much crud was under there I:...

All cleaned up and loaded with a few choice items...

...ready to be dropped off at T4/5 Transformations in Wakefield for...

Full bodywork overhaul/paintjob inside and out in VW Candy White

Facelift with ABT style grille and spoiler

Sideskirts and rear barndoor spoiler

Middle and Barndoor Limo tints

Soundproofing/insulating/lining/carpeting

Altro floor

Caravelle rails and twin leather captains/table in the rear

Just need to find some nice 20's ready for her return

Sat outside T4/5 Transformations waiting to go under the knife on Fri :D

I'm so excited I'm dribbling H:

·
Registered
154 Posts
glad i have seen them X5 rims on a white T5 as they are the ones i want ........ looks good mate .....

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
they look so mean those X5 wheels I have to say next year I may have to look out a pair when I go to paint mine black. T: don't know why you want to change wheels as they are perfect!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they look so mean those X5 wheels I have to say next year I may have to look out a pair when I go to paint mine black. T: don't know why you want to change wheels as they are perfect!
Thing is with the X5's, for me to be happy with them, they'd need repainting. There's no damage at all on them but there is a bit of flaky paint on them and a bit of crazing in the paint finish. The tyres also need replacing all round.

Main reason for the change though is the shiny new paint and 5.1 facelift with ABT grille and spoiler, similar to the Vanworx one on their site. Don't think I could bring myself to roll her out wearing the same rims she's been sporting for the last 12 months.

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and driving her straight over to Merseyspeed for some coilies and black Cades Bern 20's, although the banded steels have my juices flowing at the minute.

May get the X5's re-powdered and some slightly smaller tyres fitted for next winter T:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts