VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MK5 gti,RS8,RS4 alloy wheels. Don't get me wrong,they are a nice looking/well priced wheel,but does not far off every t4 owner have to buy them........discuss??

·
Registered
232 Posts
i think you have answered your thought Fella...Well priced, looks good etc..but I didnt by them for the same reason..Brm or Empis on T2's and all that....I personally like the RS8's as they fill the arch real well:)

·
Registered
232 Posts
i think you have answered your thought Fella...Well priced, looks good etc..but I didnt by them for the same reason..Brm or Empis on T2's and all that....I personally like the RS8's as they fill the arch real well:)
Having a look around and yes i would have agred with you a few months back but now People are doing their own thing alittle more and not just being 'safe'T:

Ops now i look like a wierdo talking and quoting myself...must learn to hit the 'edit' tab

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
its always nice to run something different than the norm rs4`s

its not that they dont look nice.

they wouldnt of got so common if they werent nice

theres no "ooohhhh look at those wheels" factor with them as they have been seen many times before

but its your ride and you can do whatever you want

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah mate,totally! nothing winds me up more than an yellow!!! ex AA van,(the worst) wiv tha green lower quarter an those rims, i mean wha's the deal like? theyre every where you look,like sheep! come on people lets use a little imagination an break away from the pack and at least try something different. dont get me wrong,we all gotta start some where and not every one gotta massive budget but sort it out!

·
Banned
1,450 Posts
I would think some of it comes down to price as well. They are replicated everywhere and therefore dont cost the earth. I think its cheaper for me to replace the whole set than the tyres. So each time i am ready for new tyres i will change my wheels, to a new not very original but nice cheap set.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Started my project last Dec. Lots to do including respray so the wheels came down to cost.
Spent a little more on the "limited edition" (Yeah right!) RS4s black with machined face. Looks good and does the job.T:
Now I have had the van a while, I am slowly redoing bits as and when I can afford.
Wheels are on the list once the tyres go off and I now have the time to look around and wait for the right wheels to come up.
Cant realy knock the RS4/RS8 wheels coz not everyone can spend 250+ a corner.
Theres not much else out there for 500 squid.
:ILU:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
mate personally i think the common wheels look good,just binned a £1000 worth of wheels to go back to a home refurbed set of RS8's in matt satin.
They look the business,theyfill the arch and have a 35 offset,which makes um look big.....

Could of gone for a set of split rims or something with a dish,by why spend that kind of money when certain wheels look so good.

I know people think they are common,but i have loads of other mods on my van that no one else has,which will soon be copied,but thats the name of the game....

If you dont like um,dont buy um,but the people who have um do like um,thats why they have um....

Its all about what you like and your style,just because lots of people have um,does'nt make um common,it just means the look right on the van..

:ILU:

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Dont get me started on that Audi wheel rout againLOL:
You knows i love them reallyRasp:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
i agree with all of the posts in a way,firstly the price issue!i can more than understand this is a big factor in buyin rims n tyres,but dont forget people u get wot u pay for,alot of the replica rims are shocking quality!secondly an i think most importantly,the whole modifying game is about personal style,having just sold my t4 which was euro style`d(small rims,smooth as u like an lower than a snakes nuts)ive just got a t5,when looking through the "show us ur t5" thread theres loads of "wot wheels are they" an "where did u get ur wheels from?"come on people do ur own thing for :*sake,id help out anyone who asks but not to the point of helping them to build a clone of my van,i dont wanna build somthing in my style,help somone out by letting them know wot ive done then turn up at a show 2 months later an see 20 vans the same as mine,i could just stay at home an photo shop`d mine in different colours,we all go shows for the crack first an foremost but also to see somthing different,vans that u`d die for an the vans that make u feel a bit smug cause to be honest u know ur rocking a better ride!but this is wot its all about!i really think a lot of people on here could do with checking out some of the other dub forums,if all our girlfriends/mrs/wifes/boyfriends/husbands an kids looked the same wot a boring world this would be!:ILU::ILU::ILU:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I've gone down the steel rims route.... just to be different :D Didn't want to appear to be a sheep and follow the crowd by fitting alloys Rasp:.

·
Registered
232 Posts
if you think about it...is there much 'origionality' to be had?..Most of the companies sell the same...not their fault as its what available to them...

T4=lowering springs+ clearl indicators+Side bars+wind delflectors maybe a bra on the front and some shiny rear bumper protector.........Not really much to think about really is there??..to have or not to have:(

I spend alot of time in the custom section on here to see what people are doing to their vans thats not run of the mill..I dont copy it but look at it as insperation to get outside the boxT:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I think it's a fashion thing. Some people follow it others don't. I personally have 19 inch OZ Racing alloys on my T4, with Dunlop 98Y Rated rubber. I did have Audi alloys on it but they were 17 inch 2008 Audi TT rims that I had never seen fitted to another T4 on here when I bought them.

The OZ Superturismo GT alloy is an old design that is a classic, it may not be fashionable but looks great and can be seen on the brand new Audi R8 GT. I am not planning on changing them...ever! :cool:

Does that mean that everyone who ran out and bought the Audi R8 wheels will now be rushing out and copying me? :eek:

My mate drives a Focus ST, with stunning 18 inch wheels that he has had sprayed gunmetal grey to look different. Now he's thinking of buying the Focus RS design ones! So I asked him when the new Focus RS comes out will he swap again, when will it end?

Ian. :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think it's a fashion thing. Some people follow it others don't. I personally have 19 inch OZ Racing alloys on my T4, with Dunlop 98Y Rated rubber. I did have Audi alloys on it but they were 17 inch 2008 Audi TT rims that I had never seen fitted to another T4 on here when I bought them.

The OZ Superturismo GT alloy is an old design that is a classic, it may not be fashionable but looks great and can be seen on the brand new Audi R8 GT. I am not planning on changing them...ever! :cool:

Does that mean that everyone who ran out and bought the Audi R8 wheels will now be rushing out and copying me? :eek:

My mate drives a Focus ST, with stunning 18 inch wheels that he has had sprayed gunmetal grey to look different. Now he's thinking of buying the Focus RS design ones! So I asked him when the new Focus RS comes out will he swap again, when will it end?

Ian. :D
I wont copty you but ill have the engine!!H:

·
Registered
652 Posts
I am fairly easily influenced... and what with everyone banging on about audi wheels, and the fact that they seem so common, I've been looking at alternatives.... nearly just went for it an bought some just for a change before camperjam.

Thought I'd do some research first... and you no what? Everytime I see some wheels I fancy trying... some pimped up boy racer stops outside halfords round the corner with the same ones on. :* Theres being different and theres just change for the sake of it. Until I find some that "Suit' the van I'll carry on looking.

Some wheels go well with the T4, some don't..... don't think I'm looking at your wheels just because they're different Rasp:

·
Registered
342 Posts
yeah mate,totally! nothing winds me up more than an yellow!!! ex AA van,(the worst) wiv tha green lower quarter an those rims, i mean wha's the deal like? theyre every where you look,like sheep! come on people lets use a little imagination an break away from the pack and at least try something different. dont get me wrong,we all gotta start some where and not every one gotta massive budget but sort it out!
Cracking second post Geg!
Probably alienated quite a few people on here.

What are you running on your van?
Let's see a few piccies of something dfferent:ILU:

·
Registered
898 Posts
I wish Audi tt polished fat fives would fit on me T4-old wheel yes-and everyone had them on their mk3 vr's(me included) but hey they look the nuts.And if i was minted id have 18 inch BBS LM'S with stretched rubber:cool:.But guess what everyone who has a vdub wants the LM'S:eek:.

Me,im not bothered who thinks/says a thing about my van/car/style.
If it looks :cool:,im in.

Right im off to find/make sum 13inch 10j steelies to spray atom yellow cos it be different:D

Oh,iv'e got 18inch new style rs4-baa,baa,baaRasp:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts