VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
going from a 235/45/17 to a 215/60/17 . they fit a treat so loads of rubber for comfort now T:
might be useful for reference

wheels ET35 8J lowered by about 60mm on eibachs . full camper conversion and its heavy !

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any pics of the rear (tyres that is)?
ive only put one on at the moment as i wanted to be sure they fitted propperly . i have took it for a good spin , put the wheel under "load" and it does not rub . give me till mid next week and i will take a full on side picture with them both in view . they defo fit , and they are umber close on the inner wheel arches , but they do go T:

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reason I ask is the tyre combo you are looking at has the same rolling profile etc as the ones I am running and I am curious as to the rear arches and clearance etc as I am trying to convince the mrs that new rear springs are a good xmas prezzie!
http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=215&aspect=60&diameter=17&wheelwidth=8&offset=35&width2=225&aspect2=60&diameter2=16&wheelwidth2=7.5&offset2=42#content
they clear the arches on the rear . i tried .and we put a further 150kg iright on the back so i am sure it was on the stops . i can measure the distance fron the wheel centre to the arch if that helps ?

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
going from a 235/45/17 to a 215/60/17 . they fit a treat so loads of rubber for comfort now T:
might be useful for reference

wheels ET35 8J lowered by about 60mm on eibachs . full camper conversion and its heavy !

looking sweet mate....but are you sure you aint going to get any rub on the front under compression when on the road...

looks like that could be very close...:ILU:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Colese

i know they look close . i have put the one front wheel up on a 3" curb and jumped up and domw on the step and could not get it to touch . i also took it for a spin in an aggressive circle and no apparent rubbing . only realy way to tell i suppose is get the whole family in there with extra weights and see how it goes ..
i have also in my mind to jack it up if needed as to be honest i am going for comfort now more than looks .. its down on eibachs without rubber shimms so i can always add them back in if needed
will let you know how it all pans out T:

i drive like a old man anyway so i think the load under braking and dipping will be minimal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts