VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me, I had a full stainless exhaust system fitted to my 2.5tdi 102 T4, it looks uber cool and no extra noise, the problem is it stinks round the back end now, really strong fume smell, it doesn't enter the van but you can certainly smell it at the rear, its regularly serviced and had all the usual mechanical stuff up to date..it just stinks and now the area around the exhaust on rear valance is going black with the fumes....any ideas..:( please....

·
Registered
260 Posts
prob it's unrelated to your exhaust, I notice a lot of high mileage T4's stink of exhaust fumes, usually a sign of oil getting into the combustion chambers, live with it or spend a fortune on trying to eradicate it :*

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that, I will investigate further at the weekend, only thing is it uses not a drop of oil, just did a full service of all filters and fluids, did 1,200 miles to the highlands and not a drop used...would it burn a lot of oil to make it stink..? T:

·
Registered
242 Posts
have you had the cat removed with the new exhaust install? This could be the source of the extra smell

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I had the cat removed, didn't think it would make it stink so bad though, I know they don't need em for the MOT its just a bit of a concern, it doesn't smoke or burn oil..?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts