VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no problem :)

sorry about all the pics of my wheels i only fitted them yesterday and got a bit carried away! :D

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
love the raised back end one and the pull out. would love to know how that works lol

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Heard the guy talking to someone and it's patent pending and pretty sure he's trying to go into business and would cost 7 grand:eek:
Think he said that anyway

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hmmmm- not doin it for me but fair play to the guy! Is he doin that with airbags????

Not sure about the pull out thing either- seems to defeat the purpose of a compact cosy T4 park up at the beach on a miserable winters evening post surf, with a brew on T:
Why not buy a long van?
But top marks to him for the talent to be able to put something like that together, way beyond most of us mere mortals ehT:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I gotta give it to the guy it was a very clever idea. The rear extension slid behind the van interior. Think is business name was sunrise or somethink like that. Had a video playing of it extending and contracting looks very cool. My only problem with it was the weight, it was nearly all condtructed out of steel. Surely somethink like that must add a fairbit to ya payload.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
That's my boy, Jakbskate! Its on hydraulics and bounces better than a spacehopper on steriods!
The pull out was actually really impressive. The guy is doing it as a business and made a good job of the van. The interior was basic but huge. He got second in T4 campers show and shine, and deserved it for coming up with something different in my book. T:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

Looks like a nice little addition, but I have to wonder what happens when it rains? Does the water flow into the van if you're parked the wrong way on a slope?:eek:

I know, I know..................it never rains in the UK.I:

Also, it looks like the side windows are only going to be a benefit when the slider is out.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
i really like the idea, much better than an awning, but what happens if you have project power done and you set of from the lites pritty quick? lol. that would amuse boy racers lol.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Did anyone mention the forum???
Would be good to talk to him/her on here!:DA:
Mikey, hit him with the virtues of the forum, expect the guy on here soon!!!
was clever but seven grand, he was patenting the design,

reckon extensions should come out sideways of the van!!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts