VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Not much in the last few weeks. Have managed to get the two worktops cut to size, stuck together, shaped and fitted.

I wanted to try to have a double stack of nice edged plywood. It actually worked out not too bad. Finished the ply edge with some rubbing varnish that I made up.

HOPEFULLY… on Monday she finally goes for the roof fitting. Then I can really crack on with finishing her.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Green, plywood and the kitchen on the nearside...now where have I seen that before? :unsure: All looking very smart Jamie (y)

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Jesus… I never even twigged we had gone for near identical setups. I’ve even read through your thread too. imitation is the greatest form of flattery I hear….? No… copycat? Ok, I’ll flog myself with a birch branch later.

Bit more today. Got the toilet in its housing. Don’t really need a toilet, but the Mrs pee’s about 18 times a night… so… we have a toilet.

Made its cabinet exactly the right size so that it fits tight, but I can still lift it out for emptying. (Making the astute assumption that it will be me emptying it). Just lift off its lid (which will eventually be upholstered), have a seat and flush. Front cupboard door allows access to the “evacuate” lever, and helps with lifting it out. Cupboard door to match the worktops and break up the cladding a bit.

Still to fit a door catch, holder, closed type device thingy. Although the hinges do hold it close already.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Those green worktops look great. Much better than Pete's! ;):LOL:
I'm just glad I haven't spent 2 years redesigning and rebuilding my furniture, otherwise that would have really hurt 🥺
Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Jesus… I never even twigged we had gone for near identical setups. I’ve even read through your thread too. imitation is the greatest form of flattery I hear….? No… copycat? Ok, I’ll flog myself with a birch branch later.

Bit more today. Got the toilet in its housing. Don’t really need a toilet, but the Mrs pee’s about 18 times a night… so… we have a toilet.

Made its cabinet exactly the right size so that it fits tight, but I can still lift it out for emptying. (Making the astute assumption that it will be me emptying it). Just lift off its lid (which will eventually be upholstered), have a seat and flush. Front cupboard door allows access to the “evacuate” lever, and helps with lifting it out. Cupboard door to match the worktops and break up the cladding a bit.

Still to fit a door catch, holder, closed type device thingy. Although the hinges do hold it close already.
I'm only messing Jamie, anything posted on here is fair game should anyone want to take inspiration from. Think it's more of a coincidence that we have similar set ups, great minds and all that (y)
I'd like a toilet for any middle of the night calls of nature but not got anywhere to put it, will have to keep walking to the toilet block.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Ha ha. Yeah man. Great minds… I’ll take that. Never been told I had a great mind before.

The toilet is essential for her. Especially at soggy music festivals for night time ablutions. Plus with us having the bed up in the roof soon it should work ok.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Well I mean I've got the great mind, you just pinched my ideas 🤣 joking!

Sounds like a plan, much easier to "pop downstairs" than head off to the facilities in the dead of the night.

Reactions: jamieprang

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Well I mean I've got the great mind, you just pinched my ideas joking!

Sounds like a plan, much easier to "pop downstairs" than head off to the facilities in the dead of the night.
I’m gonna have to speed up my build so that you’re pinching my ideas then.

Exactly. Especially some of the festival facilities… wellies and waterproofs required for survival.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
She’s gone… gone for open roof surgery. (And a few other wee touches here and there). I miss her already, but can’t wait to get her back.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
I’m gonna have to speed up my build so that you’re pinching my ideas then.

Exactly. Especially some of the festival facilities… wellies and waterproofs required for survival.
I wouldn't worry, I'm constantly thinking of how to rework my interior. I do like you inclusion of the loo though, might have to borrow that idea 😇

Hope the open roof surgery goes well, have to admit I'm a bit jealous when seeing campers with the roof up (y)

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
You wont regret it. Got ours back on Thurday last week, love it.
What kind of roof did you go for? There’s so many i agonised for ages on roofs and installers. Think I’ve chosen right in the end tho.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I wouldn't worry, I'm constantly thinking of how to rework my interior. I do like you inclusion of the loo though, might have to borrow that idea

Hope the open roof surgery goes well, have to admit I'm a bit jealous when seeing campers with the roof up (y)
It had to be done. I always hated that I didn’t do it in the beginning. Take the plunge and do it right this time. Or at least until the next redesign..

Ha ha. YAS!! I’m taking full designers credit for that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We went for a Van max one in the end. As with you, spent a long time looking and pricing them all up. The vanmax gave a good low profile and didn't break the bank.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
It had to be done. I always hated that I didn’t do it in the beginning. Take the plunge and do it right this time. Or at least until the next redesign..

Ha ha. YAS!! I’m taking full designers credit for that.
You're completely welcome to take designers credit for the toilet 😂

Reactions: jamieprang
61 - 78 of 78 Posts