VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mysterious slow battery drain-down
We have recently had some body work done above the windscreen on our 1993 Trident Autosleeper (Petrol Engine). On first trip away from the company concerned a fan sound came from behind the dashboard when the ignition was switched off which continued for some 40 minutes. This sound had never been heard before and was not coming from the engine compartment. It eventually stopped and has not been heard again. We have no idea what it was from. Since then the battery charge drops slowly over a period of time which is not always the same following a full charge. Previously we could leave the van parked for 6 months sometimes and it would always start immediately we returned to it - no problem at all. We have isolated the alternator and this has not improved the situation - the battery still loses its charge.

Just recently I have removed two fuses, one on the left and one on the right of a group of three fixed to the wall of the engine compartment above where the little grey relay is located. This seems to have stopped the battery from draining down - but I have no idea what they are for. So far, I have been unable to find electrical wiring diagram(s) for our autosleeper.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it, and where I can get an electrical wiring diagram for this age of Autosleeper?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts