VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
Don't get me wrong should explain better
Darrkside are good quality no question
But its a cheaper stock universal cooler with pipe work welded on all done well but your van is made to fit a cooler instead of buying a cooler made to fit your van 馃憤

Registered
Mate has the darkside one on his 2.5 running about 230ish bhp and has been good, as stu says it is a little made to fit as trimming of the bumper etc isnt the best. Have to be careful with the plastic bumper rubbing through the intercooler if you don't trim enough.
Surely you would be better just getting a standard oe quality one? Thought you may of mentioned selling next year and the 拢500ish forge intercooler isn't really going to make it more valuable?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I like the look of the forge , looks alot like stuff ive bought in the past but the shape of the end tanks makes me think the flow is compromised......but theyve obviously done the R&D .

Registered
A guy I know is running a Forge intercooler with silicone pipes and it鈥檚 definitely quicker than mine (with same engine!)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Is there any detriment to getting too big a cooler ?
One is rated ( above 200bhp) and has a bigger capacity but the same size hose connections .....is 'bigger better' as in extra cooling capacity can't be a bad thing right or it not the case ? :unsure:

Registered
Is there any detriment to getting too big a cooler ?
One is rated ( above 200bhp) and has a bigger capacity but the same size hose connections .....is 'bigger better' as in extra cooling capacity can't be a bad thing right or it not the case ? :unsure:
Bigger the cooler the more air needed to fill it =turbo lag so in a word yes a cooler can be to big 馃憤

21 - 33 of 33 Posts