Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right this is for your informationT:

The forum currently runs a NO naming and shaming policy.

The moderators in their entirety have no part to play in the rule making process of the forum. We merely interpret and enforce these rules for the smooth running of the forum.

Please note (and this is important). We neither condone, support, applaud or like scumbags and rip off merchants that stitch up the members so please don't try to belittle us by insinuating that "we must support these people, because we don't allow you to name and shame them"

If you have a problem with someone then feel free to put up a thread detailing the problems but do not include the name. Communicate it to all interested parties by pm.

It gets a bit boring having to say the same thing over and over again, so please note

If the forum changes its policy on naming and shaming I will put up a massive bold heading that says so. Until you see such a heading please assume the rules are still in force and think before posting "why can't we name and shame" then following it up by attempting to give the mods a caning

Many thanks

Much luv

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
is the "which campsites dont accept vans" thread going to be deleted then..
how can it be ok to shame a campsite openly but not a dodgy convertor ?

·
Registered
425 Posts
is the "which campsites dont accept vans" thread going to be deleted then..
how can it be ok to shame a campsite openly but not a dodgy convertor ?
You are right mate you can't name someone how you have paid big buck to and there jeff you pride and joy right up but you can name some numpty how won't let you on there camp site because we not 65 and paid 50 grand for some plastic pig ??

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Is there any way of doing a bulk pm rather than sending one at a time? Is this even possible or, could we have the ability to pm every paid up member with details of dodgy traders? As it is easy to miss a thread which could end up as a costly miss,would the forum still be liable as it wouldn't be for pulic viewing:*

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=134446
This look like name and shaming to me if you are not aloud to name bad workmanship places can we not have a sticky naming places where people have work done what there happy with , so some of us new boy don't get ripped off
Ps sorry about the swearing but this subject gets my goat
Thanks scott

I think there's a clear difference legally between "they won't let me on their campsite" and "this coversion company are cowboys/rip off merchants" tbh :*

not getting funny btw T:

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
Is there any way of doing a bulk pm rather than sending one at a time? Is this even possible or, could we have the ability to pm every paid up member with details of dodgy traders? As it is easy to miss a thread which could end up as a costly miss,would the forum still be liable as it wouldn't be for pulic viewing:*
You'd have to ask admin fella i'm afraid, there is a news letter function i think and they used the mass PM function a little while ago IIRC T:

Some people got 12 PM's before it was stopped LOL:

·
Formerly known as "dzv0ry" (but nobody knows why)
1,221 Posts
Interesting thought ....... :confused:

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For clarity

If you start a thread entitled look what I've had done

Then post pics of shockingly rubbish work and accompany that with the details of who carried out the work and then invite comments/opinions then there is no case to answer and i won't remove it

If you start a thread and state "as fact". This company are a shower of ***** they ruined my van then this will be removed

There is a subtle line and it can't be crossed, learn to toe the line and you can accomplish great things my friends:D

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
For clarity

Then post pics of shockingly rubbish work and accompany that with the details of who carried out the work and then invite comments/opinions then there is no case to answer and i won't remove it

If you start a thread and state "as fact". This company are a shower of ***** they ruined my van then this will be removed

There is a subtle line and it can't be crossed, learn to toe the line and you can accomplish great things my friends:D[/QUOT

Like it...T:

·
Previously; Stoo
3,271 Posts
For clarity

There is a subtle line and it can't be crossed, learn to toe the line and you can accomplish great things my friends:D[/QUOT

Like it...T:
Now we are getting somewhere.
T:

·
This isn't Facebook you know
7,009 Posts
For clarity

There is a subtle line and it can't be crossed, learn to toe the line and you can accomplish great things my friends:D
so lets get this right if i say heres a picture of meatballs parents and heres what they made (MEATBALL) and i think meatballs a (word that needs to be in the water front club) that would be wrong

But if i say heres Mr and Mrs Meatball Senior and heres something they made what do you think thats ok :D

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
so lets get this right if i say heres a picture of meatballs parents and heres what they made (MEATBALL) and i think meatballs a (word that needs to be in the water front club) that would be wrong

But if i say heres Mr and Mrs Meatball Senior and heres something they made what do you think thats ok :D
That would just get moved to the WFC, no one wants to see that I:

Especially if there's pics of them making it LOL:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Anyone who has worked in a business of any sort for the general public will know that no matter how good your work there will always be someone who will complain. Now that internet forums cover all kinds of topics and interests it's possible for one mean minded, picky know it all to ruin the reputation of a perfectly honest business. There is no justification whatsoever for naming and shaming of any kind on a forum even in the form suggested above. What's to stop someone showing some shoddy work they have done themselves then blaming the converter. Who will believe them when they deny it? You better be sure you can prove your claims in court before you decide on your rant against someone. The whole thing is a minefield for the forum and the person who names and shames. Leave things as they are is my vote.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I want to name and shame the guy thats converting my van, he hasn't a clue what he's doing and is guessing everything! He's buying random and pointless gadgets and sticking them anywhere they fit. The dude even painted my wheels with hammerite. Oh hang on a minute, I'm converting the van (sort of). Don't hire me LOL: Is self naming and shaming allowed? If you know me and my van (DIY), you'd know to never let me near yours H:

Rant over.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.