VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know if these are any good? Spent all afternoon trying to get some winter rubber but availabilty a problem except on the top brands which are outside my budget

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not sure on the nankangs, but mytyes are selling the nokians winter tyres for £89.00....excellent tyes....these were selling for £180 3 weeks ago

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure on the nankangs, but mytyes are selling the nokians winter tyres for £89.00....excellent tyes....these were selling for £180 3 weeks ago
cheers mate, ive heard good things about nokians and if i can get them at that price I'm laffinT:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nankang tyres in general are rubbish so i cant see there winters being any better
Have a look through camskill web site it will give you a bit more idea of whats about .
thanks, i'll have a look. I was quoted a brilliant price by National for Conti's (£370) but then he came back and said they were out of stock.:(

·
Registered
291 Posts
thanks, i'll have a look. I was quoted a brilliant price by National for Conti's (£370) but then he came back and said they were out of stock.:(
wouldnt fit conti's on a van if they was the last tyre on earth,

ive had the cheapest tyres on my vans in the past and they have been ok but the contis turned out to be dangerous

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
wouldnt fit conti's on a van if they was the last tyre on earth,

ive had the cheapest tyres on my vans in the past and they have been ok but the contis turned out to be dangerous
I had conti sport contact 18" run flat's on my BMW, cost over 200 each. WORST TYRES EVER!, felt like they were made of plastic and did not grip in rain/icy conditions and forget going out in the snow! Oh and they were noisy as hell.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Slightly besides the point, but still; Guys, take a glare over to the Scandinavian countries & what thei run on their carsI:
They definately do tackle a diversity of conditions throughout the year;)
Hakkapelitas are rather populare it seems, with & without studsT:

·
Registered
555 Posts
I went for firestone fire hawk /van hawk I think I paid £360ish for 4 I've had them over two years no complaints in all weathers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts