VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted a nautilus horn to my 08 T5, I took the old horn off, scotch blocked into the existing wiring cause I didnt want to just hack off the existing horn connector and plugged the horn in........nothing.
Ran a wire from the tiny terminals within the connector plug I had left to the horn and it worked.
My question is, have I just got a bad scotch block connection, and if so, can I just cut the connector off and wire straight to the nautilus, or, is the existing connector to be left where it is and wired from the small terminals......if you know what I mean
Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
670 Posts
Scotch blocks, whilst very convenient, are pretty pants. The horn takes a lot of amps to work, and it seems you are not getting enough through the scotch blocks.

The correct way of doing it is to use the existing wiring to operate a relay, with a seperate fused supply from the fusebox or directly from the battery.

If you do this, you'll probably find the Nautilus is better and louder (certainly the case on a T4 I fitted one on, and a mates Toyota).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts