VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been a long road but i can see the light. Done all the work my self other than respray and window bonding. interior a bit different from others. I let pics do the talkingT:
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/IMG]
[/IMG]and that is were im at now peeps. got to finish the covers on seats when i get my sewing machine back. All electrics are in, water and gas all works and vents are in. Its a different layout to the normal. The bed is a tad over 6 ft so no troubles there as i was a bit concerened to start with. As for the kitchen area. smev sink would been £150+. Mine was £9 ebay new. tap was £10 and hob was £35 so am really pleased at what i have got with the budget i have hadT:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The kitchen is fab! Don't much fancy using it in the rain though, even with the tailgate as an 'umbrella'. Mostly rain comes in sideways! LOL! Maybe you can devise some sort of canopy for the sides of the tailgate when its open, to prevent the rain coming in from the side.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I like it, like the "wife beater" fridge and you dont often see the kitchen that way, niiiice. I like the units very 70's in a modern way !!!??? - good job fella

·
Registered
362 Posts
L shaped bed for the win, lovely conversion there good layout and very tidy finish A:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Nice work! Won't the fridge fit facing forwards in unit between bed and sliding door? Then if its raining you can still get to it and just lean over seat back to make the all important cuppa!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice work! Won't the fridge fit facing forwards in unit between bed and sliding door? Then if its raining you can still get to it and just lean over seat back to make the all important cuppa!
It was the only place I could get it in with this layout. I wanted to keep the bed at 1100mm wide. Not ideal in all situations but it works for me. I cut air vents out at the back of the fridge in the floor to help keep the batteries and fridge cool also. Getting airflow around the fridge was important because of it been a 240v and running it off a inveter.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
L shaped bed for the win, lovely conversion there good layout and very tidy finish A:
With the rock & roll beds you pretty much squash in next to each other and face forwards. I wanted to be able to sit and look all around and have a more relaxed seating arrangement. I can stretch out and chill even without pulling the bed out.T:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice! I like.

I was thinking of using a fridge like that, does it drain a lot of power when running off the battery?
It uses 7ah on the inverter but is not on constant. I went away the weekend, put 4 frozen sandwich boxes in bottom and did the 2 days no probs on batteries alone. The first 12 hours it hardly kicked in due to frozen blocks in bottom. I used the tv, lights and water pump through out my trip. I believe the voltage got down to 12.3 volts by the time we came home. The battery's I use are 2 x 140ah. I am planning on a solar panel also to keep them topped up whilst stationary in summer monthsI:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How have you fitted you fiamma awning?

Steve
Hi Steve. I made up some brackets from 3mm x 35mm flat bar. I bent into shape and welded joints. They are fixed into the roof gutter. I looked at prices and refused to pay £45 for the proper ones. I also didn't want to drill 4 holes in the side of van:eek: just incase I decided to take it off or get something different.

I'll try get some pics up later for youT:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts