VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Finally, finally, finally found a van I like and I have provisionally bought it subject to an inspection at the week-end. Its a 04 Caravelle 2.5td 130 SE, its got 177k BUT with a FSH (mostly VW) and apparently has good bodywork and immaculate interior.

However, the guy phoned me earlier to say that he went to move it from his drive and the passenger window has dropped by about 3/4 of an inch and he can't work it. He suspects that the valeters may have squirted too much water in that area and it might have affected it. He doesn't have time to sort it out so has offered to drop the price by another £100 so I can sort it.

So, what do you reckon? I could be quids in if its just a fuse but I suspect it may be something else....any ideas on what it could be? worst case scenario? Cost?

Sorry for the techie question but I need an answer pretty sharpish.....

Thanks for your help chaps/esses...... :ILU:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I watched a wheeler dealers a few nights ago and a window didn't work. You need to test fuses, the switch and the motor I would guess. All going up in price but ebay would help you there.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Dont think it'd put me off - bit of a 'open the box - take the money' situ isnt it. Could be a fuse or could cost you £110 :confused:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
i dont think it would put me off
fuse/switch etc cant be much
just a heads up ,have you looked into the tax class :ILU:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont think it would put me off
fuse/switch etc cant be much
just a heads up ,have you looked into the tax class :ILU:
Yes, I don't think its a deal-breaker but was just wondering if it was a common probem that can be sorted relativley cheaply.

The chappy told me that the tax is £245 (class k I think), was one of the first things I asked as I know some can be over £400!....the 174's I think. :*

·
Registered
733 Posts
I watched a wheeler dealers a few nights ago and a window didn't work. You need to test fuses, the switch and the motor I would guess. All going up in price but ebay would help you there.
Edd is a legend who wouldn't want a mate like that is there nothing he can't do !!?? A: (sorry for hijacking the thread btw)

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Mine is a factory kombi tax is over £400 a year. The only benefit is cheaper toll bridges.

Back on topic- i'd buy it anyway, but dont let that distract you from the rest of the van, make sure you give it a good check over. Might be a distraction tactic lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Need a quick answer guys please!!!....Update!--- Bought it!

Ok people,

I bought it anyway, great van. 2004 Caravelle, 2.5 130 SE. Ok so its got a couple of niggly faults but nothing I cant put right but what sold it for me was that although its done 177k it comes with a FULL VW service history! managed to get it down to £6400 which leaves me a couple of grand left in the budget for the mods....T:

Thanks for all the help guys....:ILU:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts