VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1997 VW Multivan TDI. The van has a diesel heater, but the wiring harness to the plug from the controls/power has been cut off.

I am wondering if someone has a plug I could buy off them, or atleast a wiring diagram that I could reference in order to have it properly connected again!

I just purchased this van, imported from Germany to Canada!

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,045 Posts
Hi, I have a 1997 VW Multivan TDI. The van has a diesel heater, but the wiring harness to the plug from the controls/power has been cut off.

I am wondering if someone has a plug I could buy off them, or atleast a wiring diagram that I could reference in order to have it properly connected again!

I just purchased this van, imported from Germany to Canada!
I would be inclined to ask myself why someone would cut the leads to a working heater?

in other words, if you did get it all connected up again, what else would be needed to get this 22 year old heater back working? (just setting some realistic expectations :* )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be inclined to ask myself why someone would cut the leads to a working heater?

in other words, if you did get it all connected up again, what else would be needed to get this 22 year old heater back working? (just setting some realistic expectations :* )
Yeah I am well aware of this. I just figured it'd be worth a try. You could also ask why someone didn't just unplug the wire... These heaters are known to be simple to work on and rebuild, so I'm interested in trying to get it working!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts