VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
my vw transporter t4 1996 2 lt pertol wont go :(
i have check that is it getting fuel and it is.
i'm not getting spark from the coil to the dizzy cap and i check the fuses and they are all good ???????
can any body help me with this one and i have a guy coming this arvo to buy the van !!!!!!!
please help me please please

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Hi Jen

Unfortunately its 2am over here in the UK so youll probably not get much of a response regarding your situation... and coupled that the majority of us over here have diesels ...

but saying that someone could be along shortly lol

only thing I could think of is the imobilizer ... has the van got one? try using a different key if you have one to start it in case the transponder in the key is FUBAR ..

are you getting any warning lights on the dash? is it turning over ok?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man
thanks for the reply
the van does not have one

I have tried a new coil and the van worked but it stopped after about 10 minutes of driving
I have now got new leads and the van still wont go at all
the van turns over fine.
I only have warning light some times ????
It is really starting to me of

any hlep guys ?????????

·
6,717 Posts
Check the voltage supplied to the coil when cranking.

If too much it can short the coil.

Is there still a spark from coil to dizzy ? short the dizzy end to earth and crank...

long time since I did gassers but now I have a 3.7l mercruiser I'm back on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all right i have have had the van going and it only runs for a short time then stops and it runs really rough when it is going. i really dont know what to do next. im pretty keen on ring the wrecker and telling them to come it up.
i have brought new leads the good ones, i have brought a new coil and now what should i buy next ?
thanks for your help

·
Registered
7 Posts
First thing is to disconnect vacuum pipe from ECU if Map sensor is faulty chances are it will run badly or not at all once warm. As already mentioned check power to coil but the most common cause of breakdown on petrol T4s is coil pack so change that first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay so i m home from holidays now i really want to get this van going!
I have brought a brand new coil and coil pack (pretty sure they only come as one whole unit)
any ideas and what to check next ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.