VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have an issue with my 97 t4. There was an issue with the accerator cable ..garage suggested it was stretched...they adjusted it up but said there was still some play so not reaching full revs. Anyway they said drive it away see if its any better...it was so was due to order an accerator cable (thinking probably £15 - £20) but then the other morning I left in van to go in town...It started one the button as it always has....as I pulled away there was no throttle response and just died at side of the road. So started it again...it revved up again nothing on the pedal..then died.
Towed it to garage today and left it with them thinking they would just fit new cable and all would be well. However I just phoned to see what was happening and he said .."weird..just fiddled with the cable and its all ok...working fine".
I dont get it...he doesnt really get ...obviously there is some problem with it...but what ?
He says there is an electrical socket on the self adjusting part or something...but he hasnt come across that before and is trying to figure out what it is.
Basically I need some help ...maybe you have had a similar problem ?
Please help...the only cable he can source is original VW and he reckons that will be about £60 - £70 ??
Any advice will be very much appreciated
Thank you
Daniel

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or am I on wrong track. I may just let you know that after having the van a week there was some sort of problem with accerator and getting any revs....in morning after first start I could hardly move it...no revs unless I kept foot down for 5 - 10 seconds...then it didnt want to move....and once it was moving it had no power at all again unless I kept foot down for ages in each gear.
Thats when I took it to garage and they adjusted cable...which did correct the problem...felt fine.
Than this problem Ive just told you about above.
Just presumed that cos there were no revs when I put foot down and it died ..that the cable had just gone or something....but could it be something else....that was first time it was started that day.
Doing my head right in.
anyway :(
Thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts