VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The van I've bought has had some security locks fitted to the barn doors and sliding door, I'm wanting rid of them so in the process of removing them.
The thing I'm struggling with is the link bars inside, to me it looks like some are missing as I can't open drivers rear barn door from the inside handle and now I've disconnected the external security lock the outside handle doesn't work either.
I've only removed one bar from the security lock to the mechanism which I guessed was the rod for the push up lock button that comes through the top of the door panel.
Basically what I'm asking is has anyone got any diagrams on how the lock, rods and mechanism should all link up together?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you got any pictures of what you have got, we might be able to point and say this or that is missing...
Thanks for the reply.
I've got no photos at the min but have come to the conclusion that the link rod from the internal handle is missing and It looks like some kind of lever or mechanism off the back of the lock barrel is missing.
The link rod isn't a problem as I can make a new one, as for the external lock it's prob going to be a case of getting hold of a complete lock and handle.
Will get a photo if I can

1 - 7 of 7 Posts