VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 1994 westy California tour to a auto electrician to have a new battery charger fitted, had problems with the original westy one. when i went to pick the van up the central control unit the one above the mirror in the front was not working at all, when they checked the fuse box behind the drivers seat the 5amp fuse for the control unit had blown, they replace the fuse 4 times with a 5amp one but it blow every time. i could not belive my eyes what they did next, they then fitted a 10amp fuse when it sould be a 5amp, it didn't blow this time but they then said that my central control unit smells like it had burnt out. they then sent unit off to be repaired which they payed for and cost them £215 to be fixed. i have now got my van back with the control unit in hand not fitted and by the sounds of it they have now washed there hands with me, so I'm asking does anyone know a good auto electrician who knows what they are doing with a westy. i live in greater Manchester but will travel to pay to have it fixed/put right.
Thanks for any help you can give

1 - 1 of 1 Posts