VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a problem with my battery going flat if I leave my van unused for more than 2 ish days.

A mechanic has checked the battery and alternator which were normal. He suggested I leave the battery disconnected from the van for a few days then reconnect it and see if it starts which it did easily.

So as he suggested it looks like something is drawing alot of power when its parked up but I'm not sure what to look for.

Its a 888 with all the electric goodies on if that helps.

Thanks for your help in advance

·
Registered
115 Posts
All i can suggest is removing fuses 1 at a time for the period its parked until you find the offending circuit. Mine goes flat after about 2 weeks of sitting there of which im blaming the alarm... 2 weeks is fine with me so neither bothered looking in to it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hi i had same problem with mine. it turned out to be the alarm and immobilser. i removed them both and its been fine eversince. removing the immobilser is v tricky but it can be done. iv since fitted an after market system. hope this helps.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, seems like you think its the alarm then.

But would a fault on the alarm be able to drain the battery in two days though? Seems very fast.

I'll check that out. Any other ideas guys?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts