VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,its been a long time since ive posted but im still very much a member and a lover of t4s!
But ive had a miserable few weeks with my t4,been ripped off by a garage and just generally got to the point where im bored,but after having a top end rebuild im not going to throw the towell in!
I aim to make the van a bit quieter inside,just looking for some tips on how to make the engine noise comin in the cab quieter,and i want to put a good sound system in,so if anyone in kidderminster can install a good system let me know!!

Thanks,thatll be all....for now.

Alex

·
Registered
323 Posts
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13850&highlight=insulating+cab+floor

Thats insulating the floor.

Carpet and over mats reduce noise.
Sealing any gaps in the bulkhead.
Check the rubber gaiter on the gear lever.
Insulate the gap between the roof and head lining.
Aqua seal the doors.

One of the biggest changes I made was going from old 245/40 18" tyres to 225 17's. The 17 is a deeper tyre and give more cushioning and with less rubber on the road there is less noise.

You can buy soundproofing kits for the T4 that go under the carpets and inside the bonnet but they are quite expensive. I have seen several posts that say just useing a rubber backed carpet on the floor gives good results.

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Pop round sometime, Alex. We'll have a look. Theres two t4s here now in our road and another mate from Stourbridge is about to start his new one and a lot of the work will be done on the drive over the road from us. I'm away a few days from weds but be good to catch up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts