VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to pick the brains of people who have experience with styling .

i believe i have already a good base to start, i just think there is to much silver especially the front (boring) im very new to all this i have a budget i need to stick too "£1500" just need some input from the styling guru's out there .

the back of the van is just that a van ply lined .

·
Registered
703 Posts
Looks great to me but what about some Black to break it up? I really like the look of Gary's van with the black grill and lower bumper section, I know his is white but you get the idea. As yours is already painted it should be easy/cheap to top coat with some black paint. http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=153628. Also have a good look through the team silver section for some ideas.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great to me but what about some Black to break it up? I really like the look of Gary's van with the black grill and lower bumper section, I know his is white but you get the idea. As yours is already painted it should be easy/cheap to top coat with some black paint. http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=153628. Also have a good look through the team silver section for some ideas.
I think your right , just a bit of black to break it up:) ( once you've had black there's no going back:D )

·
Registered
259 Posts
i think silver vans look smart ... if it was me i would go eibach 30 mm lowering springs .. side bars.. front bumper lower spoiler..rear door spoiler ..
black drl lights ...:)good luck

·
Super Moderator
5,187 Posts
Black R8 lights, Black debaged grill, Sportline Chin and some coilovers.

All above within your budget including the respray of your bonnet once the little curved bit is filledT:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Nice looking van, but as you say a bit too much silver. My silver LWB T5 was colour coded before I bought it & the main grille & door handles were left black - this breaks it up nicely - I also like Gary's lower grille in black too.

If it were mine I'd lower it a little & get those wheels refinished in black or graphite.

I see you're in Sandwell - if you don't have a good bodyshop to hand I can recommend a good one in Wednesbury (send me a PM if you want his details). In the past he's resprayed a Transit (yes, I admit to having one !), a Fiesta & two Fire Engines as well as the odd bits & pieces. Next year the T5 is going in for a complete respray & colour change.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi

If you want any ideas for the interior then just take a look at out website, www.westcountrycampervans.co.uk and look in the Van Carpeting albums page as we have pictures of some of the T4's and T5's that we have carried out work on. Also we have just completed some work to the interior of a Silver T5 which also has some exterior as well as interior styling on it. I shall post some pictures on here tomorrow evening so hopefully they should give you some ideas T:

Steven
Westcountry Campervans
www.westcountrycampervans.co.uk
Redruth
Cornwall

Insulation, soundproofing, ply lining, vinyl floors, carpeting, windows, Cannon's Forge rock n roll beds, campervan conversions and much more!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
I wouldn't go to town, looks really nice as it is.

I agree with some of the above - lowering looks good, but for practicality, I haven't done it to mine.

I do like the black lower section on garyj's van - and re-paint your grill black or buy a standard matt black grill (circa £10 on ebay - or ask around on here probably get given one if someone's feeling generous)

If you're looking to spend a little more, or do something else, I like the plain black de-badged grills which are about £40 - but you will need to get the bonnet welded,filled and sprayed...

Looks nice though

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Paint wheel centres black/anthracite. Get some side bars and a black grille, black/anthracite spoiler, lower it job doneT:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Here is a customers nice silver T5 that we recently carpeted and addded a couple of LED's to which also has some modifications to the exterior as well so this may give you some ideas for the exterior and interior for your van......

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z479/westcountrycampervans/DSC00830.jpg[/I

[IMG]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z479/westcountrycampervans/DSC00829.jpg

Steven
Westcountry Campervans
Cornwall

Insulation, soundproofing, ply lining, vinyl floors, carpeting, windows, Cannon's Forge rock n roll beds, campervan conversions and much more!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts