VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any advice on replacing speakers? audio guy suggested caravelle door speakers with pods...cannot find a breaker who can supply...vw costs are astro!!! is there an alternative?

·
Registered
342 Posts
any advice on replacing speakers? audio guy suggested caravelle door speakers with pods...cannot find a breaker who can supply...vw costs are astro!!! is there an alternative?
I am a bit :confused: !

Just fitted caravelle door pockets and pods in my van, can't see what was astronomical about the price. Quire reasonable I thought:ILU:

How much did your local dealer quote for all the necessary?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
audio guy told me they were expensive...didnt even think of checking...doh! will do now. thanks.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hi Laggan, If it is only the dash top speakers you wish to replace you should be able to get some for £30 or less .

I got some Pioneer ones from a local audio centre near me for £30 fitted, what a difference it made, still yet to fit some 6 x 9s.

Admit if you wish to source door pockets for your T4 this will cost in the region of £80 for both i would think, Add to that price for speakers, wire them up etc.

Depends how much you wish to spend, remember that you can only fit passenger side door pocket if you have a single seat though ?

Regards, Steve W....

·
Registered
38 Posts
The speakers in the dash are easy to replace. Just buy some 4"/100mm speakers in a car audio shop. Pop off the speaker grill on your dash and the old speaker lifts out. There are 3 or 4 small wings with a hole in them around the circumference of the new speaker for mounting purposes. Remove these, connect the wires and just drop the new speaker in. The grill just pops back into place.

·
Registered
160 Posts
hiya ive just fittied alpine speaker which were recomened on here, payed 20quid from motorwolrd you can get online to. amanda

1 - 9 of 9 Posts