VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spied this on my travels today, vw variant, guess its from before my time as I've never seen one before, I like it T:T:T:

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I remember those.....only estate car (ever made?) with the engine in the back Y:
Chevvy Corvair was also sold as a stationwagen (also a van and pick-up!) all with 6 cylinder air cooled rear engine.
The Variant was made from '61 to '73 in 3 body styles Notchback, Fastback and Square back the latter being the Variant all based on the Beetle platform and mechanicals originally 1500 and then 1600's - I knew a few people who had these back in my youth and they were quite popular being the first departure from the Beetle, after Karmann Ghia and T2 Bus.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Chevvy Corvair was also sold as a stationwagen (also a van and pick-up!) all with 6 cylinder air cooled rear engine.
The Variant was made from '61 to '73 in 3 body styles Notchback, Fastback and Square back the latter being the Variant all based on the Beetle platform and mechanicals originally 1500 and then 1600's - I knew a few people who had these back in my youth and they were quite popular being the first departure from the Beetle, after Karmann Ghia and T2 Bus.
Thanks for the info - I didn’t know that. I bet a full laden Corvair van was a handful in the snow :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts