VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice please guys,
After what seems an absolute age sorting suitable wheels and tyres Iv'e finally gone and done it, AC Swagger, in gunmetal grey, 20 inch x 10.5j all round, fitted with 275 40 20's, no rub at all even on full lock

Can you recommend how much suspension drop would suit this set-up,

Much more bolt on and bodyshop mods heading this way :cool:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
if you get some coilovers then you can adjust them till your happy , its all personal taste
j

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you get some coilovers then you can adjust them till your happy , its all personal taste
j
Thanks, did think of this but guys who fitted rims/tyres said don't waste your money on coilovers?:* drop on springs, plus the cost of a decent setup on coilovers would be around £1k, not that I wouldn't do it, just that is £1k really worth it?

Have a limited budget a the moment, just need to direct funds to where we get the most for our money.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks, did think of this but guys who fitted rims/tyres said don't waste your money on coilovers?:* drop on springs, plus the cost of a decent setup on coilovers would be around £1k, not that I wouldn't do it, just that is £1k really worth it?

Have a limited budget a the moment, just need to direct funds to where we get the most for our money.
Definitely go for the Bilstein B14 coilovers. Ive had them fitted on mine and Im running with the same tyres as you. Mine is lowered around 45mm and rides a lot better

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW T: B14's it is then, no argument, those pictures speak for themselves, what is the likely cost fitted ?, PM if needed :cool:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I fitted mine myself but i believe that vanstyle fit them for free when purchased off them. Ive had springs and gaz coilovers in the past. The b14s are expensive but well worth the money with ride quality and handling.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
19s on fk coilovers (£600) no problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts