VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, put the wheels on tonight with the 275/40/20 tyres, and all went well, little bit of rub on the engine cover underneath at the edges....any ideas on how to fix it.......

Here is a close up,

As i say the only issue is full lock, touches the side of the lower engine cover, which seems to flare out at the sides,

All ideas, welcome....i would cut it, but would rather pin it back somehow????????:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi, how wide are the wheels? iv got a set of range rover stormer alloys in 20in and 9.5j, im looking at the same tyre size as you but a local tyre shop told me they wouldnt fit? strange as there seems to be a few people running this size tyre on here

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheels are 9....the tyres will defo fit, but there is a little rub on full lock, just on the plastic engine gaurd, i wonder if the 9.5 inch wheels make a difference, do you know what your offest is??

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well they should it, but you may get a little rub when turning tight, I am told a setoff spacers can be fitted,,,which will help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi to anyone in a wheel and tyre fitment discussion:

These forums try to be helpful... but..but but... its all turning into a bad science..

Ive have been researching wheels and tyres for 2 months and got nowhere on a conclusion, as there as there is never quite the full amount of information provided by postees.

IF we are going to talk technical on wheels and tyres re rubbing and fitments etc. Could people also please please mention if:

A) if the van is lowered and by exactly how much. Ideally the spring type used
B) what wheel width they are running , on the front and also on the back
C) and the ET (back spacing) of the front and also the rears.
D) if using spacers - what thickness.

thanks so much

·
Registered
197 Posts
hi, how wide are the wheels? iv got a set of range rover stormer alloys in 20in and 9.5j, im looking at the same tyre size as you but a local tyre shop told me they wouldnt fit? strange as there seems to be a few people running this size tyre on here
Strange, were they on about tyre/rim compatibility? that tyre is the perfect size for that rim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all!! wonder if any one can help, I have purchase a set of Range Rover HST 20" wheels with 275/40/20 tyres ( i have used the same wheels before on 2008 T5 and only caught on full lock one way) this time i am after fitting the same wheels to a 2010 VW T5.1 Caravelle,

I just can't remember if i needed spacers. Something tells me i ran some sort of spacer on the rear as i think it was so close to the inside of the rear wheel arch liner. So frustrated as i need to order the bolts and spacers but can't find any posts anywhere answering my question.

For info the Caravelle is running standard suspension and the wheels are 9 1/2 J x 20" EH+53 with 275/40/20 tyres.

Thanks very much in advance. Nick

Hi to anyone in a wheel and tyre fitment discussion:

These forums try to be helpful... but..but but... its all turning into a bad science..

Ive have been researching wheels and tyres for 2 months and got nowhere on a conclusion, as there as there is never quite the full amount of information provided by postees.

IF we are going to talk technical on wheels and tyres re rubbing and fitments etc. Could people also please please mention if:

A) if the van is lowered and by exactly how much. Ideally the spring type used
B) what wheel width they are running , on the front and also on the back
C) and the ET (back spacing) of the front and also the rears.
D) if using spacers - what thickness.

thanks so much

1 - 8 of 8 Posts