VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the plunge and had those nice men at mr.VW fit a brand new auto-box to my van. Costs lots of £'s...but now glad of the 2 yr warranty!

Quick summary of problem -

- starts fine
- put in D or R (with foot on brake as required)...all is OK
- remove foot from brake = instant stall
- this will continue unless you leave engine to run for several mins before trying to move
- even when (eventually) successful, van feels like it is trying to drag you along when it starts moving vs. responding smootly to the loud pedal
- once everything warm, all the troubles go away!

This happened the monring after VW had fitted, so went back to them for a debug.

They said no error codes recorded, but they re-did whatever ECU updates are necessary to ensure that the new gearbox is accepted. When I picked it up yesterday, all seemed well.

started it up 1st thing this morning....and stalling as previsous from stone cold :( Grrrrrrrr

The van had a remap (RSD) before I bought it, could this be a contributor to the issue if the ECU is a tad confused?

As it is, VW are taking the van back today, and ANOTHER new gearbox (at their cost) will be going in next week! :eek:

Any guru help appreciated (in the meantime I'll have a Demonstrator T5 kombi to play with....)

Cheers

Jason

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I cant help with your problem fella, I hope it gets sorted. would the remap affect the acceptance of the new box to the engine?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I'll give RSD a call in the week....although you would hope VW's diagnostics would pick up any erors/mismatch?

Any more help from techno-wizards out there? :confused:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Allot of the better remaps are undetectable, and, most likely your auto gearbox was taken into consideration when it was remapped.

Id be interested to hear what is said by the tuners, Im thinking of converting my 2.5tdi ACV to auto, and I was going to go down the project power route, which as we all know involves a remap.

good luck with itT:T:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just to conclude the story....

Van went back into VW for ANOTHER new gearbox as all tests on the fault with original unit proved unsuccessful...

GOOD NEWS is that 2nd new gearbox is behaving as it should i.e. like new :)

Breeze (Totton, Southampton) have been very helpful (as they should be given the ££££'s I spent) and can recommend them for service and customer focus.

Now looking forward to many miles of trouble free cruising with the auto T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts