VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 T5 1.9 - mid conversion!
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All,

Just joined the forum having bought my T5 at the beginning of the year, thought I'd introduce myself here too. Veronica was originally white from the factory but has been resprayed, before my ownership, in a light baby blue, not a VW colour as far as I am aware. I absolutely love the colour, and think the black wheels, side bars and roof rack set it off nicely. I'm normally very thorough when buying vehicles but this one was very much heart over head!

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Sky Cloud
Automotive tail & brake light Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive side-view mirror

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, agree with them all! Might change the steels for alloys at some point (discuss?!) but other than that I’m happy with the exterior. I’ll share some pictures of the inside once I’ve got rid of all of the red suede!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They banded steelies by the looks of it. Get the centre caps for them will finish them off nicely
Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by ‘banded’?? Centre caps is a good shout actually , I assume they are a fairly standard size and I’ll find some on eBay or similar?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's a crackin looking bus you've bagged yourself. Great colour. And I'd agree - don't facelift it. The original T5 looks awesome and is a dying breed!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's a crackin looking bus you've bagged yourself. Great colour. And I'd agree - don't facelift it. The original T5 looks awesome and is a dying breed!!
I wish you lads would stop this don't face lift it malarky, ;) I want the only original stone blue non face lift H it's utter selfishness forgive me.:ROFLMAO:..I agree though Ben's bus looks cracking Jees mate can me an my bus do a bit of camping before we become a dying breed.bit harsh buddy

Ben welcome and forgive me having a crac.buddy there is an original VW colour that me lass describes as baby blue and yup it's called stone blue.(steiinblau H5J.)..trouble is it seems to vary in shades from factory and coupled with white balance in images it's hard to pin down if the previous guy went for that colour .personally i'd ask.........primarily cause it would be nice to know.............. secondly if ya ever need to do a repair or mod or treat stone chips it would just be nice to have a starting point to colour match.....it's close Ben to stone blue I've just walked from PC to font door to look,but I can't be 100%

Have fun with Veronica bro ATB

stu

·
Registered
399 Posts
I wish you lads would stop this don't face lift it malarky, ;) I want the only original stone blue non face lift H it's utter selfishness forgive me.:ROFLMAO:..I agree though Ben's bus looks cracking Jees mate can me an my bus do a bit of camping before we become a dying breed.bit harsh buddy

Ben welcome and forgive me having a crac.buddy there is an original VW colour that me lass describes as baby blue and yup it's called stone blue.(steiinblau H5J.)..trouble is it seems to vary in shades from factory and coupled with white balance in images it's hard to pin down if the previous guy went for that colour .personally i'd ask.........primarily cause it would be nice to know.............. secondly if ya ever need to do a repair or mod or treat stone chips it would just be nice to have a starting point to colour match.....it's close Ben to stone blue I've just walked from PC to font door to look,but I can't be 100%

Have fun with Veronica bro ATB

stu
Nowadays they can scan you car paint and get a breakdown of the colours that make your paint up. But not sure what it would cost to get done.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Nowadays they can scan you car paint and get a breakdown of the colours that make your paint up. But not sure what it would cost to get done.
Every day's a skool day Sam.. thank you.......a life time ago I was trained in body work panel beating and spraying.but it really is a life time ago......... everything has probably changed...if I ever finish my blummin interior it will be hellish interesting to see if I can remember anything. :unsure: :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
Every day's a skool day Sam.. thank you.......a life time ago I was trained in body work panel beating and spraying.but it really is a life time ago......... everything has probably changed...if I ever finish my blummin interior it will be hellish interesting to see if I can remember anything. :unsure: :D
Yeah crazy how things move on. Sometimes things move on for the better though. No more dodgy paint matches hahaha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts