VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all
I've recently just bought myself a T4 lwb 2.5 caravelle double slider and I use it every day as my daily. I'm looking to convert it and eventually going to convert it to a day van. im looking to lower it at the moment with a stiffer suspension as im finding it a bit spongy on the cornering.
can anyone suggest a good set up for me as I don't really know whats good and whats not as theres so many springs and shocks on the market, just looked at joms on ebay and then read a write up on them and people were saying theyre not good, dam its so confusing :( also ive noticed there seems to be four shock absorbers and only two springs ? is this the case. all comments greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome mate, I had Vogtland springs and struts fitted to mine last year by Colese who's a trader on here, made a huge difference, both Vogtland and Eibach seem to be very popular, definitely worth messaging Colese for info, he trades under the name of scvw customs, he has a website and he's on Facebook
Good luck mate
Dave

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Hello and welcome, I too have a Lwb caravelle as my daily driver.
Mine was lowered 60mm when I got it, this I feel did not leave you with enough suspension travel, mine is now back to standard, however, I think about a 40mm drop would be the best comprimise.
The front is torsion bar instead of springs, these are adjustable to the desired drop.
Hope this helps a little, good luck!
Si

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Si, that's very helpful info, perhaps down 40mm might be better then, but my ride height seems high, have been intouch with Si Coles so I'm hoping to hook up with him at some point too ? thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts