VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After selling my T25, I bought an ex-AA T4 from a guy off here:

This weekend, I mostly prepped the T4 ready for paint, then de masked and started to build it back up again.

Bonnet needs doing again, because the guy that I bought it off had cleaned it with silicon based stuff which had got everywhere. Even after giving it a good rub down, there was still some at the front end which reacted with the paint and slightly bubbled it.

Next job is to get the tyres on the new wheels, and board/carpet it out, ready for the furniture.

Oh, and the dag helped too.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
looks good mate, and though i personally dont like red, i cant see anythin wrong with the paint ?

dont forget to give it a good spanking with the lowering stick !

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that's very RED!!
I like. If you don't mind me asking, how much for a job like that?
Well...... The father in law has got a body shop, so it was a little be free I: I can ask him what he'd charge if you like though?!

Lowering needs to be done, completely agree. Going to wait until the new wheels are on first though.

Also after some half smoked rear lights and clear front indicators... Is the best place ebay, or are they pretty shocking off there?

Cheers

Tim

Also, does this need to really be moved to the T4 section. My bad for posting in the wrong place :*

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Weeellll...
I have a few spots that need to be done (not a complete spray), so all I am really looking for is some paint to match my Ex AA yellow. I've tried halfrauds & the dealer & both don't do it.
I have looked at trying online paint places, but am dubious as to the match.
I would appreciate it if he can point me in the direction of a cost effective (re: cheap LOL:) paint supplier.
Many thanks. T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts