VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had clutch replaced 2000 miles ago now developed a slight judder when pulling away any ideas before I take to garage??

·
Registered
201 Posts
Did you get the DMF changed at same time as clutch? My moneys on that, I also changed the driveshafts and stubs to stop it clunking when changing gear.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi, my clutch developed a very bad judder after reversing up a particularly steep driveway I thought I'd knackered it for sure , I rang our trusted garage the next day to say what I'd done and book it in for a clutch and DMF and they said I'd probably put a heat spot on the flywheel/clutch plates and to go out and abuse/slip the clutch to clean the faces up ,well I thought that 'll never work but it did sorted in minuets and for free ,seem to remember that imprezas could suffer this as well and the same procedure was the recommended cure , not saying it will work for you but worth a try

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Hi, my clutch developed a very bad judder after reversing up a particularly steep driveway I thought I'd knackered it for sure , I rang our trusted garage the next day to say what I'd done and book it in for a clutch and DMF and they said I'd probably put a heat spot on the flywheel/clutch plates and to go out and abuse/slip the clutch to clean the faces up ,well I thought that 'll never work but it did sorted in minuets and for free ,seem to remember that imprezas could suffer this as well and the same procedure was the recommended cure , not saying it will work for you but worth a try
Done the same myself in the past.

Some automatic trucks I drive have similar issues (some actually have an almost standard clutch/gearbox that is operated by the electronics. The cluches get glazed which makes them very "juddery" when manuavering in tight spaces (not what you need) - therefor a bit of "forced slip" often sorts them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts