VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone having any recommendations for anyone who can cut and code a new key. I have a uncoded key and the alarm operates the central locking but obviously can't start the van.

Let me know thanks

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,180 Posts
If you ditch the alarm, there is a simple procedure to code a new key.
It's also simple to remove the immo system....3 keystrokes on a laptop running VAG Commander.
This is assuming you have a T4...the section in which you asked the question!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Another option is to buy a cheap supervag k + can tester, they can read your pin code and code new keys too. Also can turn IMMO off if you cannot read the seed key on some models...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guy. Or_GazM, sure its a t4 as i owned it for 18 years (3rd one)!!! Will check out both options. The alarms not an issue just the coded key on the ignition. Just looked at the VAG software £8 pound!! Any particularly lead required for hook up to the t4?

thanks for the help

James

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny enough after replying found the article on vag com and immobiliser delete. Sounds like a nightmare. Anyone know any good locksmiths!!

thanks

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,180 Posts
VagCom (now VCDS) and VAG Commander are different programs.
I "think" it was only 3 keystrokes/mouse clicks to remove it using Commander.....but it's 6 years since I did it with my 2 ECUs.
Program uses the same OBDII lead as VCDS.

I have VAG_K+CAN_Commander_v2.5.....unfortunately, I haven't found anyone else's email that will accept the files! (Even zipped.... It's only 1.8Mb)
Sent to numerous people in Norway using the same ISP as me....but GMail/etc won't allow it o_O

Edit;
Just a thought...do you have TeamViewer on your PC?
If so I could use the File Transfer function to send it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or_gazm, thanks, i just contact a locksmith. Knowing my luck i will do more damage than good!

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts