VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Im looking for a few pointers from those in the know.

I have myself a new Crafter that im currently fitting out as a service vehicle, Im currently fitting an amber led lightbar to the roof that has additional stop/tail/indicator lights, i looked into wiring up the stop/tail/indicators today, I was initially going to tap into a feed off the rear light clusters but run into a problem whereby the side lights i think it was , was a 6 volt feed, no good for a 12v lightbar. So I scrapped the idea of taking a feed from light clusters and headed towards the factory fitted trailer socket, 12volts present on the lights I wanted but this got me thinking that if i hooked into the trailer socket, would the van see this as a trailer being attached and give me some unwanted issues like rear reversing sensor switching off or similar?

Im going to have a look at the rear light cluster feeds tomorrow and just make sure I did actually see 6v on the side lights on the rear.

anyone offer any thoughts on other possible indicator/brake/side lights feeds anywhere?
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: New Crafter

Hi all, Im looking for a few pointers from those in the know.

I have myself a new Crafter that im currently fitting out as a service vehicle, Im currently fitting an amber led lightbar to the roof that has additional stop/tail/indicator lights, i looked into wiring up the stop/tail/indicators today, I was initially going to tap into a feed off the rear light clusters but run into a problem whereby the side lights i think it was , was a 6 volt feed, no good for a 12v lightbar. So I scrapped the idea of taking a feed from light clusters and headed towards the factory fitted trailer socket, 12volts present on the lights I wanted but this got me thinking that if i hooked into the trailer socket, would the van see this as a trailer being attached and give me some unwanted issues like rear reversing sensor switching off or similar?

Im going to have a look at the rear light cluster feeds tomorrow and just make sure I did actually see 6v on the side lights on the rear.

anyone offer any thoughts on other possible indicator/brake/side lights feeds anywhere?
Thanks!
Did you get this resolved in the end? What was the solution?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts