VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has added a new member to the family tonight..

Just thought I'd introduce him here too!

Hes 4 months old, his Mum is a very nice Jack Russel, his Dad is a Husky/Lab cross.. and he's gorgeous. Already knows 'sit' and 'wait' (in fact is very good at 'wait') and is housetrained etc.

Name not sure yet, think it may be 'Muttley'.. I'm sure Ellie will inform me when she's chosen!

We already have a sweet Border Collie / Whippet cross, and they're getting on just fabulously! Both of them very easy going, so no issues at all so far on sharing food / bedding etc.

Quite pleased with this little fella!

·
Registered
957 Posts
No hes a fantastic, very alert, nice stance too.
I keep saying I will get a cross breed next once our two move on, could never be with out our dogs.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good looking chap T:
But the mum is a jack Russell, and the dad a husky lab? OUCH!:eek:
Yeah.. Apparently it was an accidental thing, completely not planned! (no one would plan it that way round, would they?!)

Really impressed with how he's settling in today, delightful chap, very obedient already, already best friends with Mollie and slept on the same bed, and he's completely claimed Ellie as his human!

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
nice looking dog and some very clear pictures, what camera are you using?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice looking dog and some very clear pictures, what camera are you using?
Thankyou.

These were taken on a Nikon D700 & 24-70 f/2.8 with an sb900 . The nice even light is from a Lightsphere diffuser on the flash, it's my standard indoor combo for when there's insufficient natural light, I avoid flash as far as possible but if it has to be used then a decent diffuser is a must. T:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Thankyou.

These were taken on a Nikon D700 & 24-70 f/2.8 with an sb900 . The nice even light is from a Lightsphere diffuser on the flash, it's my standard indoor combo for when there's insufficient natural light, I avoid flash as far as possible but if it has to be used then a decent diffuser is a must. T:

Very nice set up you have there. When the funds and mrs allow, i will be investing in a new camera set up.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice set up you have there. When the funds and mrs allow, i will be investing in a new camera set up.
lol, you can't have 'camera' and 'invest' in the same sentence! Photography is another hobby that simply absorbs all available funds.. :)

I've cut right back on my kit nowadays, just one dslr body and a four-thirds compact now, and only three lenses. (24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8 and 85 f/1.4) I stopped doing weddings etc a while back.. I can't see me parting with the D700 though, Ive had it several years and its traveled across the Atlantic with me many times, and is still a spectacularly good body, especially in low light. I had a D3S too, but when I stopped doing weddings it didn't make sense to hang on to, very nice but £3.5k in a body alone where the images were indistinguishable from the D700, nope.

Took me years to finally get to using full-frame kit, but I wish Id simply started out at that point, would have been cheaper in teh long term as well as better!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts