VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to update my stereo and flip down screen in the rear as my current Kenwood setup is from 2009 and very out of date. Does anybody have a good recommendation for a new setup?

Am I correct in thinking that there is no need for built in sat nav now as I can just use google maps through apple play? Also, is it better to have the DVD player built into the flip down screen or into the head unit? Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to be a bit clearer... I am essentially looking for a new up to date double din head unit with DVD,DAB, apple play etc and then a flip down screen in the rear to connect to the head unit. So far I have seen some pioneer units - SPH DA230DAB (doesn't play DVD) or the AVH-Z5200DAB (plays DVD) but again I would appreciate some recommendations from people in the know!

As for flip down screens.... I have no idea what's good and what's cheap rubbish! I would like a bigger screen maybe 17inch or above, and do I go for a screen with built in DVD player or get the DVD player in the head unit?! I don't need the DVD to play on the head unit, just in the rear screen.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
4,673 Posts
Many unit’s cannot do dual zone meaning playing dvd on a rear screen and allows you to listen to music, the ones that do are the higher end models,

Is the rear screen for kids when driving or when sat up?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that, I didn't realise that could be an issue! The rear screen would just be to watch the odd DVD whilst parked up, so not for kids whilst on the move or anything like that. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts