VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can anyone shed any light on this for me please as i am completly baffled about it all
Can a new driver passed test for 18months drive a van as they are telling me they are not alowed , What it is she want to buy a T4 as she is training to be an outdoor pursuits leader she is 41 and has only recently passed her test but says she can not brive a van as the engine cc is 2 big and she does not have d1 or c1 on her licence and that she will have to go for another test yet i know of a new driver age 30ish passed test about 6 months driving a 2.0l people carrier its all baffling me with the changes

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
You should not have any restrictions on licenec as long as belwo 3.5t.

Your licenec should tell you what you can drive, as far as I can see the age restricion is for over 3500kg as you have to be over 21.

·
Registered
1 Posts
im 19 and drive around in my t4 all the time, also been driving for 18 months. i havent had any probs, just the crazy insurance premium.:)

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Sounds like she is getting very confused with the minibus category. If you drive a vehicle with over 9 seats then you need Cat D1 on your licence. She'll need a further test if she wishes to tow a trailer etc.

No restriction on engine cc either.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
i reckon they should bring in a 1400cc limit just to get boy racers back into 5 turbo's wound up to within an inch of their lives! Whizz, pop, BANG!

·
Registered
144 Posts
i reckon they should bring in a 1400cc limit just to get boy racers back into 5 turbo's wound up to within an inch of their lives! Whizz, pop, BANG!
Hi
might be a long shot but hopefully you might be able to help ? i'm looking for a place to put my twin axle caravan in the rhosneigr area would like to use it most of the year don't want anything flash just somewhere with a fresh water tap and somewhere to empty the port potti "a local farmer maybe" or small site we don't like the big commercial stuff so if you know of someone i'm sure we could come to some sort of arrangement
Cheers
H

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Hi might be a long shot but hopefully you might be able to help ? i'm looking for a place to put my twin axle caravan in the rhosneigr area would like to use it most of the year don't want anything flash just somewhere with a fresh water tap and somewhere to empty the port potti "a local farmer maybe" or small site we don't like the big commercial stuff so if you know of someone i'm sure we could come to some sort of arrangement Cheers H
ha ha, you and the rest of the world!
A pitch for a tourer is about £1500 a year, for a 10 month pitch.
Obviously if u go further out then sites get cheaper.
Good luck!

·
Registered
372 Posts
i know it's a while since this thread was started but i learnt to drive in my t4 (L-plates on the lot A:)

Insurance for me came out £1100 as a named driver and that was on a 2.5tdi 88hp (the 102 hp wasn't going to be much more) and thats when i was 17

Henley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts